Plan Your Adventure Join 4-H!
New 4-H members are ALWAYS welcome!
4-H is the youth education program of University of Wisconsin Extension. It’s for boys and girls who are in grades 1-13 by September 1 of the current year.
What is a Cloverbud?
Cloverbuds are 4-H members who are in kindergarten (5 year old), first grade, and second grade. While Cloverbuds are 4-H members, they are only allowed to enroll in Cloverbud projects, and do not participate as members in other 4-H projects. They are still able to create and exhibit their projects at the county fair; however, their exhibits are separate from regular 4-H exhibits, and Cloverbuds may not exhibit live animals. Cloverbuds can participate in regular club activities such as sports events, music, and theater arts.
- Cloverbuds: Youth in grades K-2. Cloverbuds are enrolled solely in Cloverbud projects.
Want to be a 4-H member?
Adams County has 11 4-H Clubs, with great opportunities to make new friends from all over our great county and have fun participating in activities and trips with friends.
- Youth may enroll in 4-H anytime throughout the year. Re-enrollments are due to the UW-Extension office by 10/1 each year.
- Youth must be affiliated with a club before they may sign-up for any projects. A list of all clubs available from the Adams County UW-Extension office, on the web at https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/adams4h/sample-page/
- Youth must meet the grade requirements outlined within this document in order to enroll in and participate in project activities and functions.
- Members: Youth in grades 3-13. The member’s grade is determined by registration into the school district during the 4-H enrollment period. Youth who are home-schooled should use declared grade. Youth are eligible for membership through the next year following high school graduation. If a youth drops out of school, they will be considered as if they had stayed in school and would complete their 4-H membership as the same time their grade cohort would complete their membership.
- Members do not have to pay the extra $1.00 for insurance for the Horse & Pony or Shooting Sports projects.
- Youth must be enrolled in the project areas they wish to participate in through the 4-H program.
- Youth must be enrolled in Adams County 4-H by April 15th to represent 4-H at the Adams County Fair. Youth may add or delete projects until April 15th of the current 4-H year for fair projects. 4-H members may choose to enter items related to their 4-H projects. such as bringing projects in other departments they may not be enrolled in.
Here’s how to start your adventure and be creative!
Pick what interests you:
- Choose a few areas that you want to try. (See Enrollment Guide below).
- Learn from available resources.
Choose a club:
- If you have a friend in 4-H, join with them.
- The County Extension Office has a list of clubs or visit the link on this website at https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/adams4h/sample-page
- Contact the club leader and visit meetings.
- Don’t be shy – they all want to help you acheive your goals
Start Your Adventure!!
IF YOU NEED ADDITIONAL HELP OR HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE CONTACT THE UW-EXTENSION OFFICE AT 608-339-4237
Want to be a 4-H Volunteer or Leader?
Volunteer project leaders are always needed! If there is a project you would like to become involved with, or you see a need for a particular project area in the county or in your club, give the UW-Extension office a call or talk to your Club Organizational Leader. No special education or experience in that project is required, only a willingness to work with youth.
- If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact the Adams County UW-Extension office at 339-4237.
- All adults must complete 4-H Volunteer Orientation & Youth Protection and a background check before they may begin working with youth.
- Trainings to become a 4-H volunteer are typically held in October/November, January, March and one in the summer.
- All adult 4-H volunteers must annually complete the 4-H Volunteer Enrollment Form. Every 4 years a background check is done on all volunteers.
To enroll on line check out our home page on our blog at https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/adams4h/2013/09/06/new-4-h-online-enrolling/