The University of Wisconsin Center for Agricultural Safety and Health announces the availability of $ 19,200 to award grants for sponsoring farm safety and health education, training or informational programs. Grants will be awarded for amounts up to $500.00 per county with groups securing or providing equal matching funds. Proposals are due by May 11, 2018. Applications postmarked after the due date will not be considered for funding unless funds are still available.
These grants will help county consortia sponsor programs focusing on farm safety and health prevention efforts. Priority will continue for use with Wisconsin Safe Operation of Tractor and Machinery Certification Programs. Funds may also be used for programs such as:
- occupational safety and health training for employees or farm family members;
- programs on operating agricultural equipment on public highways;
- hazard inspections training for farm operators and employees;
- emergency personnel training for farm accident rescue;
- farm safety day camps or school programs for youth and
- public policy forum on agricultural safety and health.
Application Guidelines available at :https://uwmadison.app.box.com/v/farmsafetygrant