Welcome to the Wisconsin Dairy & Beef Well-Being Conference website! UW-Extension will be hosting its annual conference to address the issue of animal handling and well-being. Please look through the website for information about this program, and if you have any questions please contact us.
Program Learning Objectives and Intended Outcomes:
- Increase knowledge or understanding of improved dairy and beef cattle animal handling practices.
- Expand awareness and improve understanding about the science and politics of farm animal care here in the Upper Midwest, throughout the United States and around the world.
- Build new or existing partnerships between dairy and beef producers, veterinarians, related agencies and organizations to address the emerging agriculture policy issue of animal welfare in Wisconsin.
- Identify and connect key individuals interested in addressing future educational/policy efforts related to animal care or welfare.
About Cooperative Extension in Wisconsin
Cooperative Extension is part of the University of Wisconsin System and a division of University of Wisconsin-Extension. Cooperative Extension helps people throughout the state acquire knowledge and skills to …
- Solve problems in their businesses and farms.
- Improve their local governments and neighborhoods.
- Enhance the quality of their families’ lives.
- Use natural resources responsibly.
- Help their children grow and learn.
Extension people work in partnership with people in county, state, federal, and tribal governments; community organizations; volunteers; business; and industry. With faculty in every county and on UW-campuses, Cooperative Extension gives Wisconsin citizens quick and convenient access to University research and knowledge.
Conference Planning Committee
Jackie McCarville, Co-Chairperson, UW-Madison Extension, Green County
Sandy Stuttgen, Co-Chairperson, UW-Madison Extension, Taylor County
Jennifer Van Os, Co-Chairperson, UW-Madison/UW-Madison Extension
Mark Hagedorn, UW-Madison Extension, Dairy Outreach Program Manager
Diane Mayerfeld, UW-Madison Extension, Sustainable Agriculture Research & Education Statewide Coordinator
Amber O’Brien, UW-Madison Extension, Calumet County
Maria Fuenzalida Valenzuela, UW-Madison Extension, Dane County
Amanda Cauffman, UW-Madison Extension, Grant County
Alana Voss, UW-Madison Extension, Juneau & Sauk County
Aerica Bjurstrom, UW-Madison Extension, Kewaunee County
Heather Schlesser, UW-Madison Extension, Marathon County
Lyssa Seefeldt, UW-Madison Extension, Marquette County
Sarah Grotjan, UW-Madison Extension, Outagamie County
Ashley Olson, UW-Madison Extension, Vernon County
Jim Versweyveld, UW-Madison Extension, Walworth County
For more information on dairy and beef animal husbandry practices, contact your local UW-Extension Agriculture or Dairy & Livestock Agent.
If you have a question about the the website, please contact Lyssa Seefeldt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UW-EXTENSION EXTENDS THE KNOWLEDGE AND RESOURCES OF THE UNIVERSITY TO THE PEOPLE WHERE THEY LIVE AND WORK.