The USDA Farm to School Program will host two webinars each month to showcase the variety of ways school districts can purchase local foods. The webinars will be held at 1:00 p.m. CST on the second and fourth Thursdays of the month. Topics will include everything from procurement basics to using geographic preference, to finding local producers, to buying local through DoD Fresh. See the schedule below for more information.
- Finding Local Producers – February 13
- Using the Informal Procurement Method – February 27
- Using Specifications to Target Local Products – March 13
- Working with Distributors – March 27
- Using a Forward Contract – April 10
- Introduction to Geographic Preference – April 24
- Using Geographic Preference – May 8
- Using USDA Foods as Resource to Purchase Local – May 22
- Using DoD Fresh to Purchase Local – June 12
- Tying It All Together and Digging In – June 26
To register for one or several of the sessions, please click here. All webinars will be recorded and available on this page within 1-2 weeks of initial viewing. While each webinar will build on the ones before it, feel free to pick and choose sessions based on your interest.