We’re All In Small Business Grant – Phase 2
WEDC is again providing small business grants. This round includes $50 million in additional funding to be dispersed in $5,000 increments to approximately 10,000 qualifying businesses.
- $5,000 grants – applications are open to first round recipients, as well as those who missed the first round.
- Grants will be awarded based on annual revenue ($0 to less than $1 million per year) and number of employees (1 to 50 FTE employees) in 2019.
- Priority will be given to businesses that did not receive funding during the first round and to ethnic minority-owned businesses.
- The program has a limited application window: 8:00 a.m. Monday, 10/19 to 11:59 p.m. Monday, 11/2.
- Applications MUST be submitted online to the WI Department of Revenue – note this is a streamlined process compared to phase 1 (e.g., no letter of support necessary).
- This is not a first-come-first-served application process – applications will be reviewed following the close of the application period.
For more information, visit the “We’re All In” Small Business Grant FAQ (information provided in numerous languages).
What is the “We’re All In” program?
If you are a small business with fewer than 20 employees and less than $1 million in annual revenues you may be eligible for $2,500 grant to provide immediate relief during these difficult times. You must have been in operation prior to January 1, 2020 and in business during February of 2020 to apply. WEDC is now accepting applications. You can submit an application until the end of the day (11:59 pm) on Friday, June 26.
What can I use the money for?
If awarded a grant, you can put the money towards a number of things including: health/safety improvements, wage/salary support, rent/mortgage payments, or purchase inventory.
Are you looking to work with a community organization to apply for the WEDC’s “We’re All In” Small Business Grant?
UW Extension can help. In partnership with WI SBDC, we are supporting small businesses across the state as they apply for “We’re All In” Small Business Grants. You can work with one of our local Educators located across the state to provide assistance and to obtain a letter of acknowledgment.
What do I need to apply?
- You will need your 2018 or 2019 federal tax return for businesses, a signed and dated W-9 form, and a letter of acknowledgment from a community organization.
- For specific requirements, please visit WEDC’s “We’re All In” Small Business Grants.
If you have questions about working with UW Extension, please contact Brandon Hofstedt for more information.