February 22nd, 2019
10:00am - 3:00pm
$40 per person by February 15, after February 15th an additional $10 fee will be added
Tina Kohlman, Dairy & Livestock Agent
Market volatility has been and continues to be a common theme is the dairy sector. UW-Extension Dairy Team’s annual Better Heifers, Better Cows Management Meeting will provide answers to building and implementing effective management strategies in raising heifers. Dairy farmers, custom heifer raisers, veterinarians, nutritionists and anyone with a concern with raising heifers should attend.
Featured presenters include:
- Nigel Cook, Associate Professor, UW-School of Veterinary Medicine, ¨Corkscrew Claw Syndrome-An Unexpected Challenge” and the “Forgotten Herd-Housing the Growing Heifer”
- Wayne Coblentz, Research Agronomist/Dairy Scientist, USDA-ARS
- Effects of Sorting Characteristics and Pen Overstocking on the Growth Performance of Pregnant Dairy Heifers”
- Matt Akins, Dairy Replacement Specialist, UW-Extension, ¨Managing Heifer Inventory to Save Costs”
- Victor Cabrera, Dairy Management Specialist, UW-Extension “ Strategic Use of Sexed and Beef Semen on Heifers for Maximum Profitability”
For additional meeting and registration information please visit 2019 Better Heifers Better Cows Management Meeting.
Liberty Hall Banquet & Conference Center