All youth planning to show Dairy at the Dane County Fair must meet these species specific educational requirements:
- Complete Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) in-person or online
- Attend at least one Dairy education event – list of approved events
- Complete education requirements and submit education card and YQCA certificate by June 15
- Submit YQCA certificate and education card online: LINK AVAILABLE JANUARY 1, 2021.
2020-2021 Approved Dairy Education Meetings/Events for the Dane County Fair – COMING SOON
Approved Species Events/Meetings
The dates and events on the list are those hosted or approved by the Dane County Dairy Education Committees for qualification to exhibit at the Dane County Fair. Youth must complete a minimum of one educational event in order to qualify to exhibit at the Dane County Fair. Other dates may be added when approved.
For potential qualifying meetings not listed on the list/website, please contact a member of the Dairy Education Committee for pre-approval of meeting credit. After pre-approval, youth must provide documentation (agenda, brochure, etc), complete the species specific education card, and collect the signature of the event/meeting clinician or coordinator before submitting information.
Youth for the Quality Care of Animals –YQCA
YQCA is designed as an annual education and certification program focused on food safety, animal well-being and character awareness for youth ages 8 to 21. The program has been designed by extension specialists and national livestock program managers to ensure it is accurate, current and relevant to the needs of the animal industry and shows and is appropriate for youth. Youth have the option to do the face-to-face training at any one of the YQCA Trainings across the state or to do the on-line training.
YQCA Fees: The fee is $3 per person for a face-to-face training. For those wishing to do the online training at any time or anyplace, there is a $12 fee. Youth can test out of a YQCA level for $36 or $48 depending on age bracket – open to ages 12, 15, or 19 years old as of 1/1/20. More information is on YQCA.org.
Education Card and YQCA Certificate Submission information:
NEW THIS YEAR – How and when to submit education requirements:
- To qualify to show at the Dane County Fair with 4-H, FFA or other Dane County youth organization, youth exhibitors must meet species education requirements and submit proof by June 15, 2021 at 11:59pm by using the ONLINE EDUCATION REQUIREMENT UPLOAD PORTAL**
- **Access to a Google Account is required to upload documents in the portal. This helps keep documents secure. Youth can utilize their school account or utilize a family account. If the youth does not have access to a Google Account, please email 4Hinfo@countyofdane.com for an alternative option.
- If showing in more than one species, youth must complete and submit the requirements for each species.
- If a youth documented more than one species on an education card, they will be asked to upload the same card for each species represented. To upload the education card, please save the document as a JPG, TIFF, or PDF. Youth can take a picture of the education card to upload.
- Contact the species Education Committee Chairperson listed to receive approval for educational opportunities not listed.
Education Requirement Upload Portal
2020 Dairy and Livestock Educational Card – Coming Soon
Failure to submit the species specific educational card to the Dane County Online Submission Site by June 15 will make you ineligible to show your animal at the Dane County Fair!
Dairy Education Committee
The 4-H Dairy Education Committees provide county-wide leadership for educational workshops and support within the project. Contact committee members with questions regarding educational meetings and support in the project.
Dairy Education Committee member contact information:
Eric Olstad – email@example.com
Mitch Bruenig – firstname.lastname@example.org
Dane County 4-H Office and Information
Other Dairy Resources: