Educational Requirements for Dane County Fair
- 2020-2021 Horse & Pony Education and Clinic Information – Coming Soon
- 2021 Horse Education Requirement Card – Coming Soon
- Education Requirement Upload Portal – Link will be available January 1, 2021
Horse and Pony Safety Clinic:
Youth new to the Horse and Pony project must attend this training before attending the clinics below. Youth who have attended the safety clinic in the past can repeat the training if interested, but it is not necessary.
Horse and Pony Safety Clinic – 2020 Online Alternative
To complete the Safety Clinic Training, youth should review the six reference resources listed in Horse and Pony Safety Clinic – 2020 Online Alternative link below. After reviewing the information, youth should complete the Safety Clinic Quiz (link in Safety Clinic resource document). To get credit for the Safety Clinic, youth must attain a score of at least 9 out of 10 on the quiz. If youth receive less than 9, please review the material and retake the quiz. Responses are saved and passing grades will be recorded.
Dane County 4-H Clinics hosted by the Horse & Pony Committee: These clinics count towards the education requirements needed to show at the Dane County Fair. Use the Education Requirement Card to document the events attended. More details and registration information will be available soon.
Education Card Submission Information
How and when to submit education requirements:
- To qualify to show at the Dane County Fair with 4-H, FFA or other Dane County youth organization, youth exhibitors must meet species education requirements and submit proof by June 15, 2021 at 11:59pm by using the EDUCATION REQUIREMENT UPLOAD PORTAL **
- **Access to a Google Account is required to upload documents in the portal. This helps keep documents secure. Youth can utilize their school account or utilize a family account. If the youth does not have access to a Google Account, please email 4Hinfo@countyofdane.com for an alternative option.
- If showing in more than one species, youth must complete and submit the requirements for each species.
- If a youth documented more than one species on an education card, they will be asked to upload the same card for each species represented. To upload the education card, please save the document as a JPG, TIFF, or PDF. Youth can take a picture of the education card to upload.
- Contact the species Education Committee Chairperson listed to receive approval for educational opportunities not listed.
Other Forms and Info:
Wisconsin Horse Association Handbook – check back for updates
Clinic Registration Forms and Pass
Many volunteers are involved in planning and running educational events. Please be considerate to those who are giving their time to the youth of Dane County. In order to receive full credit for the events, you must arrive on time and be in attendance the entire time. You are encourage to attend as many educational/qualifying clinics/events as possible. Don’t wait until the last event offered. If something were to happen that you couldn’t attend that particular event and there are no others offered, you could be ineligible to show at the Dane County Fair due to not fulfilling your educational requirements.
State Expo Forms