2020 Dane County 4-H Performers Festival
Calling all Dane County 4-H members who love to perform!
Mark your calendars! The 2020 Dane County 4-H Performers Festival is scheduled for Saturday, March 21, 2020 at 9:00am.
Location: Oakwood Village West Theater, 6205 Mineral Point Road, Madison.
Please plan to be set up and ready by 8:55am. You may arrive at Oakwood Village West at 8:15am to get acquainted with the stage. Groups are expected to watch each other and to stay in the theater during the entire festival. Food and drink are not allowed in or outside the theater. You can bring water in a closed water bottle. Please be respectful as we want to be awesome guests of this facility!
Each performance should be registered separately.
There will be a piano available, an audio aux cord, and two microphones set up. You must bring all other equipment you need for your performance.
Parking directions and schedule will be sent to performers before the festival.
Performers who are interested in auditioning for the opportunity to perform on the 2020 State Fair Youth Stage will need to send in a video. We will be taping the performances on March 21 and will send each performer a youtube link that they can use for their audition if they wish.
Registration Deadline is March 11, 2020.
Contact Karyn Saemann at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-239-2222 if you have any questions.
- Individuals and 4-H Club groups (any size) may perform. All performers must be current 4-H members.
- Following each performance, an evaluator will ask questions of and provide feedback to the performers.
- Each performing group is responsible for their own backstage help.
- An MC will introduce each act.
- State Fair – Any individual or group interested in performing on the State Fair Youth Expo Stage will need to register through State Fair and send in a video audition. Each performance will be recorded at the Dane County Performers Festival and a Youtube link will be sent to the contact. Performers can choose to use the video provided or use a different video of their choice. Youth must be in 3rd-13th grade to perform at State Fair. (When the State Fair links are updated, we will add them to this site).
- We always need volunteers to help at this event! Please contact Karyn at email@example.com if you would like to help out.
- To have a group activity which will be fun and involve all or as many club members as possible in a cooperative venture. Working together on a production builds friendships and helps a club become more closely knit.
- To develop imagination and stimulate creative instinct.
- To increase self-confidence of participants.
Rules and Guidelines
- All performances should be 4-H appropriate and must have been specifically prepared by 4-H members/leaders. No specific theme is required.
- Groups will be evaluated on a number of key items in addition to receiving both verbal and written comments by the evaluator.
- Evaluators will present certificates of participation to directors which are to be filled in by directors and distributed to performers at a later time.
- Performances will not be categorized by age or grade of participants, but participants must belong to a 4-H group. Participants may include Cloverbuds. (Cloverbuds are not eligible to perform at State Fair.)
- Comments from the evaluators (both constructive criticism and praise) will be shared with the performance group immediately after its performance.
- Clubs can enter a music presentation and a drama presentation
- Time Limit: Maximum of 10 minutes for individuals/duets and 15 minutes for groups. This time limit includes set up and take down.
- A play may be an already existing play, a play adapted to the club, a play written by members of the club, or an original pantomime. Puppets and marionettes may also be used.
- All 4-H groups are invited to appear at the Dane County Fair.
- Each group is responsible for setting up and taking down its own props. Any mess made must be cleaned up before leaving the stage area and before the next act.
- As a courtesy to other performers, participants are encouraged to support other groups by being a part of the audience. Clubs are encouraged to promote the Festival to total club membership and local community.
- Please do not exit or enter during a performance.