Current Grant Opportunities
7/30/2020: Application deadlines for all the local grant sources we have listed have passed. We are leaving a few grant sources up in case they re-open, and searching for new grant opportunities. Please check back, and also check the National Grants page.
- Needmor Fund is inviting applications for its Grassroots Community Organizing Grants from groups in the Midwest. “Grants will be awarded in support of community organizing groups that organize low and moderate-income people; are membership-based and democratically run; develop and train a strong cadre of grassroots leaders; address issues of race, immigration, poverty, economic justice, and low-wage work; engage in direct action; balance issue work with base building; effecctively link issues to building organization and power; and have a larger vision nfor aggregating power, taking on bigger policy issues, and expanding a base of allies to increase its impact over time.” Note that this foundation funds groups that have 500+ membership and a successful track record around developing and advocating for policy initiatives on social justice, immigration, or other social justice issues. This grant is currently closed.
- Wisconsin Humanities Council CARES Act relief grants. Open to non-profit organizations that provide humanities programming as a significant part of their mission and are facing finanical hardship due to COVID-19. This grant program is closed; keep your eye on it to see if there will be another round.
- Forward Community Investments has committed $50,000 in partnership with Associated Bank to support small nonprofits working to reduce racial and economic disparities that have changed their operational model or services due to COVID-19. This grant is currently closed; FCI is working on securing additional funds so that they can reopen the application (stay tuned). For full details, visit the FCI website. Questions can be directed to Tom Behnke at email@example.com
- Madison Community Foundation – Resources for Non-profits during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Madison Community Foundation is tracking funds available to help nonprofits weather the coronavirus crisis. MCF has also created the MCF COVID-19 Priority Fund to help support the unanticipated needs of non-profit organizations.
- Center for Community and Nonprofit Studies (the CommNS) –