The main reason local food businesses fail? There has not been efficient technical assistance for business planning for these highly individual and passion driven businesses.
NOW the Wisconsin Department of Ag. Trade And Consumer Protection has developed the Value Added Food and Farm Business Counselor Program. These counselors are seasoned managers from across the state that are working in the local food value added businesses.
Their experience and training is in :
- Review and development of business plan
- Guiding you to the right type of business
- Assisting in Market Research
- Helping to develop market channels
- Feasibility Studies
- Analysis of cost of production
Visit the Wisconsin Local Food Network to learn more about how local foods can work in our region as well as see the action around the state!