Updated for the 2018 tax year.
Wisconsin residents can take advantage of a variety of tax credits to supplement their incomes. These credits can bring thousands of extra dollars to individuals and families but thousands of people who are eligible for these tax credits fail to claim them every year. Individuals who claim Earned Income Tax Credit and/or Child Tax Credits will receive their refunds after February 15.
Information about tax credits
- Federal Earned Income Tax Credit
- Wisconsin Earned Income Tax Credit
- Wisconsin Homestead Credit
- Child Tax Credit
Resources for Extension Educators
- Goals of a tax credit outreach campaign
- Outreach strategies
- Resources for outreach, promotion, and tax assistance
- Find free tax assistance
This website is an educational resource only. For specific tax questions, seek professional tax assistance or contact the IRS hotline at 1-800-tax-1040.
Last modified on 1/11/2019