Credit Reports and Scores:
- To obtain your free annual credit report every 12 months from each of the three major credit reporting bureaus. This is the “official” government sanctioned site for a free report. Note that ordering your credit score does cost money. www.annualcreditreport.com
- Information, fact sheets, and calculators of credit scoring and credit management, purchase a credit score: www.myfico.com
- Budget and credit management tools, free credit report and score: www.quizzle.com
- Create a budget, track spending, order a free credit score: www.mint.com
- Budgeting, savings, and credit management tracking, order a free credit score: www.creditkarma.com
- Free credit report and score, credit comparison calculators: www.credit.com
Financial Fact Sheets and Calculators:
- Fact sheets, financial calculators, free apps, and more on money, housing, jobs, health and school: www.thebeehive.org
- Financial fact sheets, budgeting worksheets, and calculators addressing issues across the lifespan from the U.S. Financial Literacy & Education Commission: www.mymoney.gov
- Debt repayment calculators and other budgeting tools from the Utah State University: www.powerpay.org
- Financial fact sheets, newsletters, and calculators for the National Endowment for Financial Education: www.smartaboutmoney.org
- Financial calculators, fact sheets on financial management: www.choosetosave.org
Budgeting and Financial Management Apps:
- Mint.com for iOS for a quick look at account balances updated in real-time, as long as you’re connected to the Internet. Automatically categorizes transactions, alerts you when you’ve gone over budget, and more.
- Goodbudget for iOS is a personal finance app for budget planning and managing money. Can sync budget across multiple phones and on the web.
- ExpenseTracker2.0 for iOS is for managing finances, including income and recurring expenses. Provides a financial summary, expense wheel, and overall financial health.
- Mvelopes for IOS lets you assign spending limits to various expense categories and capture receipt images. Allows you to transfer budget amounts in between categories.
Online Financial Management Tools, Videos, and More:
- Get weekly savings tips, podcasts, and reminders: www.feedthepig.org
- Send yourself reminder text messages on your cell phone: www.ohdontforget.com
- Checklists and information to help identify spending leaks, plus order free credit card sleeves to control spending: stopthinksave.org
- Have some fun playing online games around budgeting and credit: http://financialentertainment.org/
- Activities and videos on children and money from Sesame Street: www.sesamestreet.org/parents/topicsandactivities/topics/saveshare
- Listen to everyday people talk about spending mistakes: www.spendster.org/
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB):
Consumers can submit complaints, ask questions, find fact sheets, and more on this Federal Government website: www.consumerfinance.gov
UW-Extension Websites and Resources:
- Fact sheets and worksheets designed to help people make sound financial choices in tough times: fyi.extension.wisc.edu/toughtimes
- Wisconsin Homeownership Preservation Education curriculum to help homeowners understand what they can if they’re facing a foreclosure and how to prevent their situation from getting to that point: fyi.extension.wisc.edu/whpe
- Financial Coaching is a unique tool for increasing individuals’ financial literacy, distinct from counseling, advising, or teaching. This website is a resource for those interested in learning more about coaching, and a forum for those who are already practicing coaching in their communities: fyi.extension.wisc.edu/financialcoaching
Websites are provided for educational and informational purposes only, and does not imply an endorsement.
Compiled by Peggy Olive, UW-Extension/Madison. Updated 11/2014.