Balancing Act OR Is It A Three Ring Circus?
Explore how to listen for and respond to each other’s different perspectives to deepen the understanding of the issues at hand and help guide decision-making.
Topic Video: It’s Not About the Nail (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EDhdAHrOg)
- UW-Madison, Division of Extension, Resilient Farms, Families, Business and Communities: responding to stress: https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/farmstress/communicating-in-times-of-stress/
People who feel good about their finances have four things in common. Explore what those four factors are and ideas to find your own path to financial well-being. Spoiler alert – you don’t need money to get started!
- Financial Well-Being Overview
- Financial Well-Being Idea-Sheet
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau – online financial well-being survey: https://www.consumerfinance.gov/consumer-tools/financial-well-being/
- Extension financial websites:
What are bids for connection and why do they matter in building and maintaining a healthy relationship.
Topic Video: The Easiest Way to Improve Your Relationship | The Gottman Institute (Bids for Connection): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib7Ain2aVR0
- Turn Toward Instead of Away: https://www.gottman.com/blog/turn-toward-instead-of-away/
- YouTube Video – Bids for Connection: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=10155423067645865
- Want to Improve Your Relationship? Start Paying More Attention to Bids: https://www.gottman.com/blog/want-to-improve-your-relationship-start-paying-more-attention-to-bids/
- Strengthen Your Bond: Turning Towards Each Other, Instead of Away: https://www.growingself.com/connect-with-your-partner-relationship-advice-online-couples-counselor/
Time is both valuable and limited: it must be protected, used wisely, and budgeted. People who practice good time management techniques often find that they are more productive, have more energy for things they need to accomplish, feel less stressed and get more things done.
Topic Video: Luna Leverett: Rocks in a Jar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FcU5clyVW8
- University of Georgia Extension :Ten Strategies for Better Time Management https://secure.caes.uga.edu/extension/publications/files/pdf/C%201042_1.PDF
- Heart of the Farm Financial Management Fact Series: https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/heartofthefarm/educational-resources/for-women-in-ag/
Heart of the Farm – Financial Management Factsheet Series, 2018
This factsheet series was developed as part of the Heart of the Farm – Farming Your Finances Workshop Series. They were authored by Sandy Stuttgen, University of Wisconsin-Extension, Taylor County with input from Heather Schlesser, University of Wisconsin-Extension, Marathon County and Simon Jette-Nantel, Nate Splett and Jenny Vanderlin, University of Wisconsin, Center for Dairy Profitability.