- American Agri-Women, a national coalition of farm, ranch, and agri-business women’s organizations. “We, as women’s agricultural organizations and individuals, unite to communicate with one another and with other consumers to promote agriculture for the benefit of the American people and the world.”
- Rural Women’s Studies Association
- The Women’s Agricultural Network (WAgN) is a collaborative effort of the University of Vermont Extension System, the Women’s Small Business Program, UVM’s Center for Sustainable Agriculture, and the United States Department of Agriculture
- WomeninAgriculture.org Risk management resources for women who farm.
- Women, Food and Agriculture Network Linking and amplifying women’s voices on issues of food systems, sustainable communities, and environmental integrity.
- Women in Agriculture (USDA)
- Wisconsin Farm Bureau Federation website complete with “Women’s Program” link.
- Wisconsin Farmers Union member driven organization committed to enhancing the quality of life for family farmers, rural communities and all people.
- Wisconsin Women for Agriculture their motto is “Information, Deliberation and Action”
- Illinois Agri – Women Organization of farm and agri-business women promoting a better understanding of agriculture and the family farm system.
- Minnesota Agri-Women Minnesota Agri-Women are a positive force with a united voice, promoting agriculture through communication, education, and networking.
- Nebraska Women in Agriculture – University of Nebraska. Nebraska Women in Ag is designed to assist women in their agricultural business.
Desire Smith, Community and Environmental Sociology major Photo from UW-Madison CALS Flickr
- Female Farmers: A Growing Trend in America (NPR October 2004)
- In the Tractor Seat: Women Farmers Take the Steering Wheel
- Play Now For generations they were called, “Farm Wives.” But these days women are starting up the tractors and taking the reins of responsibility for farming in their own right. Join us to hear women farmers tell their stories of success and ingenuity in the face of the daunting challenges of sustaining small farms in an age of industrial agriculture. (55 minutes)