IoH/Ag CMV Maximum Weight Limits table [s.348.15(3)(g) Wis.Stats.] applies. This allows for a maximum single axle weight of 23,000 pounds and a gross vehicle weight of 92,000 pounds dependent upon on number of axles and axle spacing.
- 23,00 pounds axle weight and 92,000 pounds GVW apply to all IoH (no Category B exemption) on state and US highways.
- IoH weight limits do not apply on Interstate Highways. [s.348.15(9)(d) Wis. Stats.]
- All operators must abide by seasonal and other special road postings or bridge postings.
To operate at weights greater than those listed in the Maximum IoH/Ag CMV Weight Limit Table, you may need to apply for a No Fee Permit from the maintaining authority for the highways on which you are proposing to operate.
- An empty self-propelled or towed potato harvester being operated, transported, or trailered is exempt from axle weight limit and Class B road postings.
- IoH Category B are exempt from:
- axle weight limits unless the local maintain authority passes an ordinance or resolution limiting IoH Category B axle weight. See Permits.
- GVW and axle weight limits when operated, towedor trailered between fields and operated on the highway for a distance of .5 mile or less.
- Class B road postings.
- An IoH operated, towed or transported for delivery, service, repair by dealer or farmer within 75-mile radius of business or farm is exempt from GVW and axle weight limits. Also exempt from Class B road postings.