An amendment to a No Fee Permit (NFP) may be applied for at any time due to an applicant’s change in circumstances, information, or routes.
- An amendment to an NFP is not required for a replacement IoH or AgCMV of equal or lesser GVW and/or axle weight or length. The permittee can operate or transport the replacement vehicle under the original permit for the remainder of the valid period of the permit.
- If the replacement IoH or Ag CMV is of greater weight or length, a new NFP must be submitted for current operating year.
Upon receipt of application for an amendment to a NFP, the maintaining authority:
- Must provide a decision within 5 business days.
- If MA fails to approve or deny within 5 business days, No Fee Permit Application is considered approved until applicant receives a denial or 10 business days from receipt of application.
- If within 10 business days, MA fails to approve or deny – amended application is approved for that calendar year.