When youth and 4-H Alumni are asked what they gain from 4-H, one of the common responses is they learn about responsibility.
Occasionally, people comment about how some 4-H members only join to show at the fair and it is not fair to those who have “done all the work”. These members miss out on all these benefits:
- Meeting and having fun with kids of all ages.
- Meeting some awesome adults in your area
- Helping others in need.
- Making your community a better place to live.
- Learning leadership by helping to plan and do club projects.
- Working with others on a project to learn something new together.
Adapted from Waushara County 4-H Newsletter