Recreate your Upham Woods field trip this year!
Embark on a classic Ranger Mac and Upham Woods journey where you and your students will explore your own nature-hoods more closely. The Upham Woods team will work with you to translate your last field trip at Upham into an online experience featuring asynchronous and synchronous activities. This is a new opportunity to connect Upham and our resources to your curriculum more closely. Is there a particular unit you thought Upham Woods would always work well with? We can schedule your virtual field trip any time during the school year.
We hope that the work we put in together now will lead to a legacy of year-round programming together. Carpe pandemic and let’s create
1 Synchronous lesson – how to outdoor inquiry. Review the scientific process and importance of observation and science communication
1 Asynchronous lesson – Nature Journal
Virtual campfire featuring storytelling, camp songs, skits from inquiry session
Synchronous lesson – how to make your own digital scientific story
Synchronous lesson – Scales, Scutes, Skins (example scientific story attached)
Asynchronous – Animal Signs
Virtual campfire – share your scientific stories!
- Asynchronous programming
- Synchronous programming
- Downloadable and personalized activity packet for school
- this includes research materials, background information for the asynchronous activities, and templates for scientific stories or data collection
- Inquiry based learning
- Standards alignment
- A continued connection with Upham Woods
- Access to all of our virtual learning resources
- Staff available to work on integration into curriculum and other consultation
- Translated in-person programming from your last field trip with us into an online virtual or remote format