The UW-Madison Division of Extension will be holding the annual Cattle Feeders Workshop Series at 6 locations around the state February 25 through Feb 27. This year’s workshop includes a variety of useful information for farmers finishing both dairy and beef breed steers.
Headlining this year’s program will be Dr. Garland Dahlke, Iowa State Extension Iowa Beef Center Staff member, who will present information on Controlling Costs in the Feedyard and considerations for cattle feeders regarding cost efficiencies.
Additional topics will be:
- Tips for Selling Beef Direct to Consumers; Adam Hady, UW Extension Agriculture Agent Richland and Crawford Counties,
- Comparing Self Feeders to Fenceline/Bunk Feeding; Bill Halfman, UW Extension Agriculture Agent- Monroe County
- Market Outlook; Dr. Brenda Boetel, UW Extension Livestock Economist and Marketing Specialist
Following are Dates, Locations, and Local Host Offices for the Workshop Series. Additional information for each location, including registration cost, can be obtained by calling the host office or clicking on the link for each location for the flyer for that location.
Pre-registration is strongly encouraged to make sure we have enough materials for everyone.
Monday February 25
- Afternoon- Gilmanton American Legion, Gilmanton, 12:30 p.m. registration, Buffalo County Extension Office- 608-685-6256
- Evening- Ag Service and Education Center, Baldwin, 6:15p.m. registration, St. Croix County Extension Office- 715-531-1930
Tuesday February 26
- Afternoon- Equity Sale Barn, Marion, Noon registration and lunch, Waupaca County Extension Office- 715-258-6230
- Evening- Chissy’s Pub, Waldo, 5:30p.m. registration and meal, Washington County Extension Office- 262-335-4477
Wednesday February 27