The winter of 2018-19 saw several farm buildings fail due to snow loads. Carl Duley, University of Wisconsin – Madison, Division of Extension Agriculture Agent in Buffalo County, will discuss the technical details on why those building structures failed, and present information on how farmers should approach evaluating their buildings to determine if they need corrective remodeling to reduce the risk of collapse in the future. Just scabbing addition lumber to the structure may cause more harm than good.
Are your fed cattle what buyers are looking for? Dr. Arquimides Reyes, University of Wisconsin – River Falls Beef Production and Management Professor. will discuss various traits that influence fed cattle prices, and how this influences profitability.
Dr. Brenda Boetel, University of Wisconsin – Madison Division of Extension Livestock and Grain Market Specialist, will give a market outlook including a discussion of fake meat.
The Annual UW Extension Cattle Feeders Workshop contains information for beef cattle feeders, dairy steer feeders, and related allied industries.
Following are the dates, locations, and county extension offices for more information for each location. Please contact the host county Extension Office for that specific location office for more information. Click on the link for each location for the flyer with details for that location.
- Mondovi, 1:15 pm, Roger Marten Community Center, Buffalo County UW Extension, 608-685-6256
- Baldwin, 6:00 pm, St. Croix County Ag Service and Education Center, St. Croix UW Extension, 715-531-1950
- Bonduel, Noon, Equity Livestock Sale Barn, Shawano County UW Extension, 715-258-6231
- Waldo, 5:30 pm, Chissy’s Pub & Grill, Washington County UW Extension, 262-335-4477
- Portage, 12:30 pm, Columbia County Administration Building, Columbia County UW Extension, 608-742-9687
- Jefferson, 5:30 pm, Jefferson County Extension Office, Jefferson County UW Extension, 920-674-7295
- Lancaster, 10:30 am, Grant County Youth and Ag Center, Grant County UW Extension, 608-723-2125
- Bangor, 5:30 pm, The Log Cabin, La Crosse County UW Extension, 608-785-9593