Midwest Planning Service Publications
- Low Stress Cattle Working Facilities by Vern Anderson and Breanne Ilse, Carrington Research Extension Center, North Dakota State University
- Cattle Handling Facilities: Planning, Components, and Layouts by José R. Bicudo, Sam McNeill, and Larry Turner, Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering; Roy Burris, Animal Sciences University of Kentucky; and John Anderson, Agricultural Economics, Mississippi State University
Related Links of Interest
- An Integrated, Homemade, Portable Salt/Mineral Feeder and External Parasite Control Cattle Rub Tool by The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation
- Building and Facility Plans by Extension Ag & Biosystems Engineering North Dakota State University: These building and facility plans were developed over many years by engineers at Land Grant universities. They provide conceptual information that is excellent for planning purposes.
- Canada Plan Service
Provides Farm Structures and Handling Systems for Beef, Dairy, Poulty, Sheep, Swine, and other farm facilities for downloading online or ordering.
- Cattle Handling and Working Facilities by Ohio State University Extension
Animal-related injuries to employees can be due to preoccupation, impatience, or anger by the animal or the handler! During these moments, a livestock handler really needs to understand animal behavior.
- Dr. Temple Grandin’s Web Page, Livestock Behaviour, Design of Facilities and Humane Slaughter
This web page was put up to educate people throughout the world about modern methods of livestock handling which will improve animal welfare and productivity.
- Animal Handling.org : sponsored by the U.S. Meat Industry with the purpose to provide information on government regulations, voluntary guidelines, training, and customer requirements.