Webpage last updated May 28, 2019. Information will be provided as it becomes available. Prior year information remains posted for reference only.
- 4-H member in 8-10th grades when registering.
- Delegates register through 4HOnline.
- Delegates carry county approval through the experience.
- Delegates must not have attended American Spirit East in the past.
- November 1, 2019 – December 1, 2019 – Registration will be open on 4HOnline
- January 15th – Payment Due
- Spring – Participants attend American Spirit Orientation
- June 5-14 – Week 1 Travels
- June 10-18 – Week 2 Travels
- July 3-12 – Week 3 Travels
Itineraries will be given closer to the experience.
What Should Delegates Expect?
- Participation in a delegate orientation session 1-2 months prior to departure.
- Conduct family heritage research to be completed prior to departure for Ellis Island Simulation
- Experience high temperatures with summer humidity in the East Coast, therefore plan to pack light, appropriate clothing.
- Time on the road completing activities, connecting with other youth, and learning through youth led ‘Teachable Moments’.
- Learn about our country’s vast history through many historic cities.
- Experience landmarks, monuments, and museums across New England.
- Identify ways that you can make a positive impact in your home community from the tools you gained during the American Spirit Experience.