Webpage last updated August 8, 2019. Information will be provided as it becomes available. Prior year information remains posted for reference only.
Location: Chevy Chase, Maryland & Washington D.C.
Dates of Event — choice of:
- Week #2: Saturday, June 13– Sunday, June 21, 2020
- Week #5: Saturday, July 4 – Sunday, July 12, 2020
NOTE: Dates include travel time to/from Washington, D.C.
2019 Schedule (Please note: this schedule is tentative. It will vary by week depending on availability of activities.)
Around 100 Wisconsin 4 H’ers attend this leadership program sponsored by National 4-H Council. Delegates choose which week to attend. Held at the National 4-H Center in Chevy Chase, Maryland. Participants:
- learn the importance of civic and social responsibilities relating to the development of better citizens and leaders
- be inspired by speakers
- participate in workshops, committee work, field trips and social events
- 4-H members in 10th-12th grade at selection; minimum age 15 during experience.
- Delegates register through 4HOnline. Check with your county office about scholarship opportunities.
- Delegates carry county approval through the experience.
- Delegates must not have attended CWF in the past.
- Cost is approximately $1,400. Fees vary due to bus/fuel costs.
- The Wisconsin 4-H Foundation sponsors a portion of the cost.
- Many county 4-H Youth Development programs provide partial sponsorships. Check with your county 4-H program.
- The remaining amount is the delegate and his/her family’s responsibility.
- Contact your County 4-H Youth Development Agent about county funding procedures. Registration is through 4HOnline.