Webpage last updated: August 3, 2018. Information will be provided as it becomes available. Prior year information remains posted for reference only.
Where: Washington D.C.
When: April 5-11, 2019 (includes travel days)
National 4-H Conference Goals:
- to provide an opportunity for youth/adult partnerships to make recommendations to expand and improve 4-H
- encourage states to include both youth and adults in planning, implementation, and evaluation of programs
Delegates update legislators on current developments in 4-H, take new ideas back home, and work with each other to put together and implement a report on a specific area of improvement.
Between 8-10 youth are selected to attend this working conference. Each participant selects an issue (for example – education, promotion, environment, violence) and works with other youth from across the country to develop plans helping direct future 4 H programming.
Delegates spend the majority of time contributing to stimulating, task oriented groups. One day is spent on Capitol Hill meeting with legislators and touring.
- Be in 10th-12th grade during the program. Minimum age 15 and maximum age 18 as of January 1, 2019
- Submit an application with references to the State 4-H Office
- Carry county approval through time of award program
- Cost is approximately $ 1,300.
- The Wisconsin 4-H Foundation sponsors a portion of the cost.
- Many county 4-H Youth Development programs provide partial local sponsorships.
- The remaining amount is the responsibility of the delegate and his/her family.
Check the application page here for more details and application materials for National Conference.
2019 National 4-H Conference Promo Flyer (1 page, 377 KB)