Webpage last updated May 28, 2019. Information will be provided as it becomes available. Prior year information remains posted for reference only.
National 4-H Congress adult advisors are selected in July after an submitting an application and possibly conducting an interview. Adult advisors are Wisconsin 4-H volunteers who are selected based on a mix of experience, strength of reference, and gender needs. Please see the application below for more information.
What are the expectations of Adult Advisors?
- Applicants must be in good physical condition to withstand rigors associated with the program. Expect much walking on hard surfaces, handling luggage, and sharing a sleeping room. Sleep deficit is common.
- Public speaking is required.
- Adult leaders must work cooperatively with fellow Adult Advisor Team Members and remain with the delegation at all times during the program.
- Adult leaders are required to submit a report and evaluation upon completion of the program.
- Participation at scheduled teleconference or in-person orientations is mandatory.
How do I apply?
Applications are done online through your 4HOnline profile on the events page under “2020 Educational Programs Adult Advisor Application”. If you need help finding the application, this document will help.
A complete application must be submitted to WI State 4-H by 4:30pm February 15. A reference is required, you can find a copy of the reference form here. A phone interview may also be conducted. All applicants will be notified of their status in early March (except for National Congress, notified in July). If you would like a paper copy of the application, please contact Justin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-263-5971.
Each program has a different focus with different desired attributes for leaders. If someone doesn’t fit into one position, they might be great elsewhere. If you are not selected this year, please don’t be discouraged! Apply again next year!
More information can be found on the Adult Advisor Page.