Information will be provided as it becomes available. Prior year information remains posted for reference only.
U.S. Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama
4-H Missions in Space program, known as Space Camp, is a fun-filled weekend for middle school youth at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center where participants:
- Complete a simulated Space Shuttle mission
- Experience training simulators
- Tour the U.S. Space & Rocket Center
- Learn about becoming an astronaut
- 4-H members in grades 6-8 with a maximum age of 15 at time of trip.
- Must be currently enrolled and carry county approval through time of trip.
- Enrollment in 4-H Aerospace project is not required.
- May only attend Space Camp once as a delegate.
Cost is approximately $625. This includes coach bus travel and participation fees at Space Camp. Final costs are confirmed in February. Payment is due April 10th.
- Attend/listen to participant orientation. You will have the option of participating in the orientation either in person or online through Zoom. The in person orientation will take place at the Comfort Inn & Suites, 5025 County Rd V, DeForest, WI 53532 (TBD). It will be a great opportunity to meet other Space Camp youth, adult advisors, camp counselors, and State 4-H Staff while having fun learning about the U.S. Space Program. Part (or all) of the orientation will be streamed online and through telephone by Zoom. More information to connect to the Zoom will be sent out closer to the orientation date through email. This orientation will also be recorded so that participants can listen at a later date if they are unable to join at that time.
- A ratio of 1 Adult Advisor per 10 youth are selected for the trip.
- All adult leaders must be certified Wisconsin 4-H leaders over 21 years of age.
- Adults interested in serving as an advisor need to ask their county 4-H staff for a State & National Adult Leader Application due February 15.
2020 Space Camp Promo Flyer (1 page, 369 KB)
Space Camp – Program details (1 page, 179 KB)