Materials for Adult Advisors
Webpage last updated: March 20, 2019. Information will be provided as it becomes available. Prior year information remains posted for reference only.
All youth delegates must meet with University Health Services (UHS) Health Staff in the Sellery Hall Main Lounge to turn in Health Update Forms and Medications.
Floor Lead Adult Advisors will need to do the following when registering at Youth Conference…
- Confirm your Delegation Roster.
- Sign the Roster provided for WI 4-H Youth Development Office Records.
- Sign Individual Participant Room Cards for University Housing Records.
- Turn in any last minute Early Departure Forms
- Ensure all your delegates visit UHS Staff.
- “Check-in/Check-out” Housing Room Forms
- Seminar and Room Lists for your Delegation
- Your Conference Duty Assignments
- Additional Adult Advisor Information
- Nametag for each of your Delegates
- Room Key and Lanyard for each of your Delegates
- Admittance Wristband for each of your Delegates
- Program for each of your Delegates
- T-shirt for each of your Delegates
At the end of Youth Conference, the Lead Advisor is responsible for returning all extra wristbands and keys to the Sellery Hall Housing Staff before leaving in order to avoid extra charges.
In addition, ensure that 4-H Artwork for the State 4-H Art Exhibit is checked-in and dropped off in the Sellery Hall Lobby.
- Distribute keys, wristbands, nametags and programs to all delegates. Keep the original key packets for use at check out!! (The original packets which identify room numbers are necessary for sorting keys later.)
- Check each delegate’s room to see that the furniture is in satisfactory condition and that the items expected to be in the room are there. You will confirm the condition of each room again on Thursday before checking out.
- Advise delegates they must participate in a tour/Getting Acquainted Fun sponsored by the Youth Leader Council while you attend the Adult Advisor Orientation between 3:00-4:30 p.m. Delegates meet their groups at 2:30 p.m. (See next section for details). Also remind them of Talent Show Auditions between 4:15-4:45 Monday or 3:30-4:45 Tuesday in Rm. 29.
- Attend the 3:00 p.m. on-site Adult Advisor Orientation meeting in Gordon Dining Center Overture Room on the second floor.
MONDAY MEET AND GREET, TOURS AND GETTING ACQUAINTED FUN
At 2:15 p.m. on Monday, there is a meet and greet scheduled so that delegates and adult advisors (especially if from different counties) have a chance to see each other before starting the days activities. Youth previously selected and now participate in an organized tour and Getting Acquainted Fun Monday afternoon. Members of the state Wisconsin Leader Council (WLC) have assumed leadership for facilitating these activities from 2:15-4:30 p.m. Monday. Youth and adults meet in the green space outside of Sellery Hall at 2:15 p.m. Adults will then meet at 3:00 p.m. in Gordon Commons for the on-site adult orientation while the youth participate in tours and get acquainted activities from 2:30-4:30 p.m.
The Wisconsin State Capitol is a 15 minute walk The Red Gym on the University of Wisconsin-
from the conference site and will be offered as a Madison campus is one of many interesting
tour option for youth on Monday afternoon. buildings that students will see on the campus tour Monday afternoon.
Adult Advisor Onsite Orientation
3:00-4:30 p.m., Monday, June 24, Gordon Dining Center, Overture Room (2nd floor)
Floor meetings follow at 4:45 p.m. These two meetings are required for all Adult Advisors.
This is your opportunity to become acquainted with the other Adult Advisors, Volunteer Coordinators (VC’s) and State 4-H Staff. This is also an opportunity for you to ask questions.
Conference logistics will be explained as well as the Operational Committee assignments you will be asked to assume. In addition, one or more adults for each seminar will be recruited as Seminar Presiders. They will attend seminars, take roll, introduce the instructors and distribute attendance stickers.