YGP applicants are strongly encouraged to attend a committee meeting before they decide whether to apply to YGP.
All posted committee meetings are open to the public to attend and observe. To attend a committee meeting, first go to the Dane County Legistar calendar site, and you can find exact information about when and where the upcoming meetings are. More information about the committee meetings is listed below. It is very important to check Dane County Legistar, as meeting dates and times may be different than what is listed below. If you have any questions or need any assistance in visiting a standing committee meeting, please contact Javier.
YGP Committees currently include*†:
- Environment, Agriculture, & Natural Resources (EANR)
- 2nd & 4th Thursdays, 5:00pm or 5:30pm, at Fen Oak°
- Food Council (DCFC)
- 4th Wednesdays, 6:00pm, at Fen Oak°
- Health & Human Needs (HHN)
- 2nd & 4th Thursdays, 5:30pm, at CCB°
- Park Commission
- 2nd & 4th Wednesdays, 5:30pm, at Fen Oak°
- Personnel & Finance (P&F)
- 2nd & 4th Mondays, 5:30pm, at CCB°
- Public Protection & Judiciary (PP&J)
- 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, 5:15pm, at CCB°
- Public Works & Transportation (PWT)
- 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, 5:30pm, at AEC°
- UW-Extension Committee
- *Currently 2nd Tuesdays, 8:15am, at Fen Oak° – but time may be able to be changed.
- Zoning & Land Regulation (ZLR)
- 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, 6:30pm, at CCB°
*Meeting dates may change. †Mileage reimbursement is available.
For more information regarding the purpose and functions of each of the committees, refer to the YGP Committee Summaries 20-21, and the 2018-2019 YGP Handbook, which provides more in-depth information regarding the program, its history, Dane County, Parliamentary Procedure, youth leadership, and more.
°Committee meeting location addresses:
CCB (City-County Building): 210 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Madison, 53703
Fen Oak (Lyman Anderson Center): 5201 Fen Oak Dr, Madison, 53718
AEC (Alliant Energy Center): 1919 Alliant Energy Center Way, Madison, 53713