Reporting an Agricultural Loss

Producers should report agricultural damage and losses to FSA.   This information will be shared with the county emergency manager. County emergency managers have 24 hours to submit their initial damage report which includes damage and losses to agricultural buildings, crops and livestock. FSA helps coordinate the gathering of the agricultural damage assessments as well as UW Extension agricultural agents and educators.

Examples of agricultural damage:

  • Agricultural buildings and equipment
  • Livestock (including bees and hives)
  • Crops
  • Conservation structures
  • Fences
  • Orchard/nursery trees, bushes, and vines

Contact your county FSA office to report any agricultural losses due to flooding.

Additional resources are available from the US Department of Agriculture Disaster Resource Center.

It’s important to report damage and losses as the total damage assessments help determine potential programs and funding after a natural disaster.