2021 WISCONSIN 4-H
The 4-H Dairy Leadership Award provides recognition to youth who have excelled in their dairy project. As of 1989, the James W. Crowley Dairy Management and Extension Fund assumed sponsorship of this award. We are pleased to name the award in honor and memory of James W. Crowley, longtime Extension Dairy Specialist and strong supporter of dairy youth project work. Fifteen (15) state level awards are to be presented annually to outstanding 4-H Dairy Project members. Award plaques will be given to the top fifteen and the top two youth will each receive $500 awards for continuing their dairy education. Youth may only win the Crowley Leadership Award once.
Selection of the county leadership Award will be based on each county’s own selection criteria. Possible criteria could include evaluation of record books, selection by a county dairy committee/agent, or any other selection method that the county deems appropriate.
- Must be currently enrolled in the 4-H Dairy Project and have at least two previous years of membership.
- Must be in 10th-12th grades as of January 1, 2021.
- Should have an outstanding record of involvement and accomplishments in the 4-H Dairy Project.
- January 2021– May 2021 – Counties select individual winners using their own selection criteria.
- Counties will submit nominations (up to 3) to apply for the state award by May 15th.
- Additional individuals from the county may be nominated for the state-wide award.
- May 1, 2021 – The Extension Youth Specialist will send each county winner/nominee an application to compete for the statewide awards.
- Youth application forms must be returned by June 21st, 2021.
- July 5, 2021 – 20 finalists for interviews will be notified.
- August 5, 2021 (at State Fair) – Finalist interviews
- August 9, 2021 – Winners announced at the Governor’s Dairyland Youth Celebration