Swine Fitting Workshop ****NEW DATE****
June 13 | 10 am | Dan Thomas | 1200 North Water Street | Lomira (2 points toward the minimum 8 points needed to qualify for the Fond du Lac County Fair Market Livestock Sale)
Beef Fitting Workshop
June 23 | 6 pm | Jerry Huth | W9096 County AS | Oakfield (2 points toward the minimum 8 points needed to qualify for the Fond du Lac County Fair Market Livestock Sale)
As a requirement to sell at the Fond du Lac County Market Livestock Sale all exhibitors, regardless of year in school, will need to be YQCA trained and certified. To become certified, please visit http://yqca.org and complete the online training by signing in using your 4-H online username and password. For FFA members, you can set up your own account, or use the account you established last year. The fee for YQCA training is $12 per person, and individuals must do their own training. A family cannot pay for one individual and share the same training. YQCA will count as 2 points toward the minimum 8 points needed to qualify for the Fond du Lac County Market Livestock Sale. To receive credit, please download and email your Certificate of Completion to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Swine PRRS Testing/Health Certificates
The Fond du Lac County Market Swine Show is a non-terminal show.
- 2nd hogs can return home from the fair
- Exhibitors will be responsible for making their own butchering/processing appointments for the 2nd hog and ship the hog to the appointment themselves. Sale hogs will be shipped by the Market Livestock Project Committee. Make sure to have your appointments made as soon as possible.
- In addition to health certificates being required within 30 days of the fair, exhibitors are required to have a negative PRRS test within 90 days of county fair. This test is done through your large animal veterinary clinic. Contact your veterinarian for details and instructions for the PRRS test.
Prohibited use of ractopamine (i.e. Paylean) in swine
“The Fond du Lac County Fair has prohibited our exhibitors from feeding their animals feed containing Ractopamine. Animals exhibited at the fair are subject to random testing for the presence of this additive. Should it be discovered after the sale when the animal is processed that the animal has been feed with containing Ractopamine, the exhibitor will be required to make the buyer whole for any loss incurred due to the animal being rejected for processing at the processing plant/slaughterhouse. Should an animal test positive for Ractopamine, the exhibitor will be prohibited from selling at the fair for a year.
County Fair Final Weigh-in Schedule | Tuesday, July 13, 2021
- Beef: 10 am to 12 pm
- Sheep & Meat Goats:
2 to 4 pm***NEW TIME*** 1 to 3 pm
5 to 7 pm***NEW TIME*** 4 to 6 pm
- *Please note hogs will be weighed as they come off the trailer, no hogs will be allowed off the trailers without a health certificate and a negative PRRS test.
- Please come into the fairgrounds from 17th Street, past the Livestock Barn to the wash racks. Unloading will occur on the east end of the Livestock Barn.
Replacement Ear tags
If your project animal has lost an ear tag, please contact Ed Schrauth for a replacement ear tag. If the animal has lost both ear tags, it will be disqualified from the sale.
If you have any questions regarding the Fond du Lac County Market Livestock Project and Sale, please contact chairperson Ed Schrauth at 920.960.8106.