This brief covers the financial aspects of health coverage and describe how health insurance works. The brief outlines all the costs that make up the total cost of a family’s health coverage and what has changed with the Affordable Care Act. The brief concludes with ways to track and save on costs.
|Issue Brief: Family Financial Aspects of Health Care||mp3 file*: Family Financial Aspects of Health Care
(conversation on 9/15/2014)
*Listen now or download the audio file to an mp3 player for later listening by following the steps on this tip sheet: Adding Podcasts to iPods
- The Federal Healthcare.gov website for finding coverage outside of employer-provided care and to sign up for reminders for enrollment periods.
- Database of community-based advisors.
- Tax credit subsidy calculator for premiums at the Kaiser Family Foundation.
- An interactive tool to help budget for out-of-pocket healthcare spending.
- Covering Kids and Families website with links and information on BadgerCare+ health insurance coverage.
- Cooperative Extension Educators ACA information.