Commercial Pesticide Applicator Training / Review Sessions
For information about a training, such as directions and times click the appropriate training date below.
- $30 pre-registration is required. This $30 fee is IN ADDITION TO the fee you pay to get your manual (whether you got a printed manual, PDF manual or online course).
- Failure to pre-register for a live training/ review session may result in not getting a seat or being able to take the exam and mean a very grumpy ride back to work.
- Live training/review sessions are supplemental. They are not required if you are going to self-study and take your exam at a DATCP testing center.
- To register for any of the live training / reviews below, please go to the PAT Store and choose the category you wish to find a review session for.
- Registration will open in October.
- See below for more information about Training / Review sessions offered for 2019.
Category 1.1 – Field & Vegetable Crops
February 18 – FULL – Wisconsin Dells – Chula Vista Resort, 2501 River Rd., Wisconsin Dells, 53965 – In conjunction with the Forage Symposium – Hosted by the Wisconsin Custom Operators and Midwest Forage Association – Register PAT Program Only
February 28 – Cleveland – Lakeshore Technical College, 1290 North Ave, Cleveland, WI 53015 – Hosted by Lakeshore Technical College – Register
March 21 – Arlington – Arlington Agricultural Research Center,
April 4 – Eau Claire – Metropolis Resort, 5150 Fairview Drive, Eau Claire, WI 54701 – Register
Category 2.0 – Forestry
January 24 – Wausau – Marathon County Extension Office, 212 River Drive, Wausau, WI 54403 – Register
Category 3.0 – Turf and Landscape
March 6 – Pewaukee – Ingleside Hotel,
March 20 – Pewaukee – Ingleside Hotel,
March 27 – Wisconsin Dells – Upham Woods, N194 County Rd N, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965
April 3 – Eau Claire – Metropolis Resort, 5150 Fairview Drive, Eau Claire, WI 54701
April 17 – Green Bay – Comfort Suites Rock Garden, 1951 Bond Street, Green Bay, WI 54303 – Google Map
April 24 – Pewaukee – Ingleside Hotel,
May 1 – La Crosse – Days Inn Conference Center, 101 Sky Harbour Dr., La Crosse,WI 54603 – Google Map
Category 5.0 – Aquatic & Mosquito
January 17 – Madison – Dane County Extension Office, 5201 Fen Oak Dr, Ste 138, Madison, WI 53718 – CLOSED – Google Map
Category 6.0 – Right-of-Way
Category 7.1 – Structural
February 12 – Wisconsin Dells – Kalahari Resort,
Registration: Preregistration and a $30 fee are required to attend a training session. Walk-ins are highly discouraged and attendee may not get a seat. Preregistration to attend a training session is valid only if you already have your copy of the current training manual (book, PDF or online course) with intact Training Registration Form. This form is in the printed manual or sent to you if you order the PDF or online course.
When to Preregister: To preregister for a training / review session ($30 fee) and to receive your training manual ($47 printed manual, $42 PDF or $60 online course where available), please do so at least two working days before your training session (see specific training session). However, since the review sessions do not cover all the information in the manual, it’s a very good idea to get your study material much earlier and do some studying on your own before the review session.
How to Preregister: You have two options:
1) Go online to the PAT Store and pay by credit card. Paying by credit card is available ONLY online; we CANNOT accept credit card orders over the phone due to security reasons.
2) Fill out the Commercial Applicator Training Registration Form. Please fill out the form and mail back to the PAT program.
Make check payable to: University of Wisconsin-Extension. Mail check and form to:
Pesticide Applicator Training (PAT)
Department of Agronomy
1575 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706-1597
Delivery: Usually within 3 business days after we receive your online credit card order or your form and check in the mail, your manual will be delivered by UPS to the address that you provide when your place your order.
Training / Review Session Confirmation: If you ordered your training session with your manual, you will receive a receipt with directions to the training session with your manual. If you ordered your training session alone, we will mail your receipt with directions when we receive the order. Clicking the specific training session (list above) will also provide directions.
Training / Review Sessions:
- Review Session last approximately six hours (before the 90-minute exam).
- Sessions begin at 8:10 a.m. and conclude around 2 – 2:30 p.m. (some sessions end earlier some later)
- The certification exam is given immediately after the training session has completed.
- We can not cover everything in the manuals in that period of time. The Sessions are geared to be a review before the exam. Training sessions DO NOT replace the need to read, study, or learn the information in the training manual.
- Lunch is not provided.
- If you wish, you may bring a standard calculator. Cell phones will not be allowed during the test.
- A photo ID will be required to take the exam (state rule). You will also need your Social Security Number (state rule).
- Remember, the $30 training session fee is just for the review session itself. It does not include your manual. Likewise, paying for your manual does not automatically include a training session. These are separate fees!
- The training session fee is nonrefundable; however, if you cannot attend but you contact our office at least 48 hours before the session is held, the fee is either transferable to another person you name and / or held as credit to attend a future session.