Commercial Pesticide Applicator Training / Review Sessions
Due to the University of Wisconsin COVID restrictions, the UW PAT Program will not be able to schedule live training/reviews with the test sessions in 2021. We hope that we will be able to resume these training sessions in 2022. We will be scheduling online Zoom training sessions for later this year and 2021.
- Unfortunately, the test will not be included in these online training/review sessions. Tests are not available through DATCP at this moment.
- $10 pre-registration fee is required. This $10 fee is IN ADDITION TO the fee you pay to get your manual (whether you got a printed manual, PDF manual or online course).
- Zoom invites will be emailed to you a couple of days before the training. You must register at least two days before the training.
- Failure to pre-register for a live training/ review session may result in not getting a seat or being able to take the exam and mean a very grumpy ride back to work.
- To register for any of the live training/reviews below, please go to the PAT Store and choose the category you wish to find a review session for.
- Must have access to a computer with a good internet connection.
- You do not need a Zoom account to attend. The link will open zoom in your browser to attend.
- You must have audio to be able to hear presenters.
- You will be emailed a zoom invitation with a password to attend a few days before the session.
Category 1.1 – Field & Vegetable Crops
Category 3.0 – Turf and Landscape
Category 6.0 – Right-of-Way
Category 7.1 – Structural
November 12, 2020 – Zoom Online. Zoom invite and a password will be emailed to you. Test not included.
[ To register for a session ] [ To Schedule a Test ] – CLOSED
Registration: Preregistration and a $10 fee are required to attend a training session. Preregistration to attend a training session is valid only if you already have your copy of the current training manual (book, PDF or online course) with PAT NUMBER. This PAT NUMBER is on the printed certificate in the printed manual or sent to you by email if you order the PDF or online course. When taking the test you show this email and PAT NUMBER to the proctor to have your test processed.
When to Preregister: To preregister for a training/review session ($10 fee) and to receive your training manual ($47 printed manual, $35 PDF or $50 online course where available), please do so at least 7 working days before your training session (see specific training session). However, since the review sessions do not cover all the information in the manual, it’s a very good idea to get your study material much earlier and do some studying on your own before the review session.
How to Preregister: You have two options:
1) Go online to the PAT Store and pay by credit card. Paying by credit card is available ONLY online; we CANNOT accept credit card orders over the phone due to security reasons.
2) Fill out the Commercial Applicator Training Registration Form. Please fill out the form and mail back to the PAT program.
Make check payable to: University of Wisconsin-Extension. Mail check and form to:
Pesticide Applicator Training (PAT)
Department of Agronomy
1575 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706-1597
Delivery: Usually within 3 business days after we receive your online credit card order or your form and check in the mail, your manual will be delivered by UPS to the address that you provide when your place your order.
Training / Review Session Confirmation: If you ordered your training session with your manual, you will receive a receipt with the address of the training session along with your manual. If you ordered your training session alone, we will mail your receipt with the address when we receive the order. Clicking the specific training session (list above) will also provide directions. On rare occasions, due to severe weather or for reasons out of our control (e.g. bankruptcy of the venue) the session can change location or be canceled. Please check with this web site to confirm business as usual before travel.
Training / Review Sessions:
- 2020 and 2021 trainings will be via zoom.
- Review sessions last approximately six hours.
- Sessions begin at 8:10 a.m. and conclude around 2 – 2:30 p.m. (some sessions end earlier some later).
- We can not cover everything in the manuals in that period of time. The sessions are geared to be a review before the exam. Training sessions DO NOT replace the need to read, study and learn the information in the training manual.
- Remember, the $10 Zoom training session fee is just for the review session itself. It does not include your manual. Likewise, paying for your manual does not automatically include a training session. These are separate fees!
- The training session fee is non-refundable; however, if you cannot attend but you contact our office at least 48 hours before the session is held, the fee is either transferable to another person you name and/or held as a credit to attend a future session.