Commercial Pesticide Applicator Training / Review Sessions
For information about a training, such as directions and times click the appropriate training date below.
- $30 pre-registration is required. This $30 fee is IN ADDITION TO the fee you pay to get your manual (whether you got a printed manual, PDF manual or online course).
- Failure to pre-register for a live training/ review session may result in not getting a seat or being able to take the exam and mean a very grumpy ride back to work.
- Live training/review sessions are supplemental. They are not required if you are going to self-study and take your exam at a DATCP testing center.
- To register for any of the live training / reviews below, please go to the PAT Store and choose the category you wish to find a review session for.
- Information for the 2020 training season will be posted in October or November. Training season is from January to May.
- Registration will open in October – November. Still adding to the dates.
Category 1.1 – Field & Vegetable Crops
February 17 – Wisconsin Dells – Held at the Chula Vista Resort, 1000 Chula Vista Parkway, Wisconsin Dells, 53965. In association with the Wisconsin Custom Applicators Inc. conference.
February 20 – Oshkosh – Held at La Sure’s Banquet Hall, 3125 S Washburn St, Oshkosh, WI 54904.
March 19 – Arlington Research Station Events Center – N695 Hopkins Rd, Arlington, WI 53911.
April 2 – Eau Claire – Held at the Metropolis Resort, 5150 Fairview Drive, Eau Claire, WI 54701.
Category 2.0 – Forestry
January 24 – Stevens Point – Portage County Courthouse Anex Building, 1462 Strongs Ave, Stevens Point, WI 54481
Category 3.0 – Turf and Landscape
March 11 – Pewaukee – Held at the Ingleside Hotel, 2810 Golf Rd. Pewaukee, WI 53072.
March 26 – Arlington Research Station Events Center – N695 Hopkins Rd. Arlington, WI 53911.
April 1 – Eau Claire – Held at the Metropolis Resort, 5150 Fairview Drive, Eau Claire, WI 54701.
April 8 – Green Bay – Held at the Comfort Suites Rock Garden, 1951 Bond St, Green Bay, WI 54303.
April 22 – Pewaukee – Held at the Ingleside Hotel, 2810 Golf Rd. Pewaukee, WI 53072.
April 29 – Pewaukee – Held at the Ingleside Hotel, 2810 Golf Rd. Pewaukee, WI 53072.
Category 5.0 – Aquatic & Mosquito
January 16 – Madison – Held at the Dane County Extension Building. 5201 Fen Oak Dr, Madison, WI 53718-8827
Category 6.0 – Right-of-Way
February 6 – Madison – Held at the Dane County Extension Building. 5201 Fen Oak Dr, Madison, WI 53718-8827
April 23 – Merrill – Held at the Lincoln County Building Boardroom, 801 N. Sales St., Merrill, WI 54452
Category 7.1 – Structural
TBA – Wisconsin Dells – Held at the Kalahari Resort. In association with the Wisconsin Pest Control Association
May 14 – Milwaukee – Held at the Town of Lake Water Tower, 4001 S 6th St, Milwaukee, WI 53221
Registration: Preregistration and a $30 fee are required to attend a training session. Walk-ins are highly discouraged and attendee may not get a seat. Preregistration to attend a training session is valid only if you already have your copy of the current training manual (book, PDF or online course) with intact Training Registration Form. This form is in the printed manual or sent to you if you order the PDF or online course.
When to Preregister: To preregister for a training / review session ($30 fee) and to receive your training manual ($47 printed manual, $42 PDF or $60 online course where available), please do so at least two working days before your training session (see specific training session). However, since the review sessions do not cover all the information in the manual, it’s a very good idea to get your study material much earlier and do some studying on your own before the review session.
How to Preregister: You have two options:
1) Go online to the PAT Store and pay by credit card. Paying by credit card is available ONLY online; we CANNOT accept credit card orders over the phone due to security reasons.
2) Fill out the Commercial Applicator Training Registration Form. Please fill out the form and mail back to the PAT program.
Make check payable to: University of Wisconsin-Extension. Mail check and form to:
Pesticide Applicator Training (PAT)
Department of Agronomy
1575 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706-1597
Delivery: Usually within 3 business days after we receive your online credit card order or your form and check in the mail, your manual will be delivered by UPS to the address that you provide when your place your order.
Training / Review Session Confirmation: If you ordered your training session with your manual, you will receive a receipt with directions to the training session with your manual. If you ordered your training session alone, we will mail your receipt with directions when we receive the order. Clicking the specific training session (list above) will also provide directions.
Training / Review Sessions:
- Review Session last approximately six hours (before the 90-minute exam).
- Sessions begin at 8:10 a.m. and conclude around 2 – 2:30 p.m. (some sessions end earlier some later)
- The certification exam is given immediately after the training session has completed.
- We can not cover everything in the manuals in that period of time. The Sessions are geared to be a review before the exam. Training sessions DO NOT replace the need to read, study, or learn the information in the training manual.
- Lunch is not provided.
- If you wish, you may bring a standard calculator. Cell phones will not be allowed during the test.
- A photo ID will be required to take the exam (state rule). You will also need your Social Security Number (state rule).
- Remember, the $30 training session fee is just for the review session itself. It does not include your manual. Likewise, paying for your manual does not automatically include a training session. These are separate fees!
- The training session fee is nonrefundable; however, if you cannot attend but you contact our office at least 48 hours before the session is held, the fee is either transferable to another person you name and / or held as credit to attend a future session.