- Registration for the 2023 training season is open.
- You must first pay the training fee with materials before attending a training/review session. Please go to the PAT Store to purchase this.
- Registration for a live training/review session or Zoom is required.
Live Training Sessions:
- NOTE: The UW PAT Program is a part of the University of Wisconsin and must abide by all rules that are in place for your safety and the safety of its employees. The UW PAT program has NO say in any rules in place or any change of those rules. If training sessions are canceled due to these rules you can be transferred into a Zoom training if you choose or you can get a refund. We will also have to abide by the rules in place by the venue (location of the training).
- Mask guidance may vary by location. Please bring a mask and be prepared to follow local, county, or UW restrictions, which will be displayed at the building entrance.
- The test will be provided by DATCP. You will have to present your training registration certificate, or E-ticket to the DATCP test proctor to have your certification processed.
- Registration is required. No walk-ins will be allowed. If you are not registered for a training/review session, you will have a grumpy ride home, sorry. Transfers to different sessions have to be done through the PAT Program if room allows.
- Must have access to a computer with a good internet connection. Zoom is also available as a mobile app.
- You do not need a Zoom account to attend. The link we send you after you sign up will open zoom in your browser.
- You must have audio to be able to hear presenters.
- You will be emailed a zoom invitation with a password to attend a few days before the session. Registration will close when this email is sent out.
- To register for any of the zoom training/reviews below, please go to the PAT Store and choose the desired category.
Registration: Preregistration to attend a training session is valid only if you already have your copy of the current training manual (book, PDF, or online course) with PAT NUMBER. This PAT NUMBER is on the printed certificate that came with your printed manual. Or, if you ordered a PDF manual or online course, we emailed an E-Ticket that contains the PAT NUMBER. When taking the certification test, you must show the printed certificate or E-Ticket with PAT NUMBER to the proctor to have your test processed.
When to Preregister: To preregister for a training/review session and to receive your training manual, please do so at least 7 working days before the session you’d like to attend (see the list above for dates). However, since the review sessions do not cover all the information in the manual, it’s a very good idea to get your study material much earlier and do some studying on your own before the review session.
How to Preregister: You have two options:
1) Go online to the PAT Store and pay by credit card. Paying by credit card is available ONLY online; we CAN NOT accept credit card orders over the phone. (Best Way to Guarantee a spot at Training!)
2) Fill out the Commercial Applicator Training Registration Form. (Training fills up fast, if we receive your check after training is full we cannot process your request!) Please fill out the form and mail it back to the PAT program. Make check payable to UW-Madison. Mail check and form to:
Pesticide Applicator Training (PAT)
Department of Agronomy
1575 Linden Drive
Madison, WI 53706-1597
Delivery: Printed manuals usually arrive within 3-4 business days after we receive your online credit card order or your form and check in the mail. Your manual will be delivered by UPS to the address that you provide when your placed your order. Please, no PO Boxes, UPS does not deliver to PO Boxes. Applicators ordering PDF or online courses will receive their certificate via email to the email address they used when ordering.
Training / Review Session Confirmation: Whether you order your training session with your manual, or alone you will receive a receipt with the address of the training session and additional information via Email. Clicking the specific training session (listed above) will also provide directions. On rare occasions, due to severe weather or for reasons out of our control (e.g., the bankruptcy of the venue) the session can change location or be canceled. Please check with this website to confirm business as usual before travel.
Training / Review Sessions:
- Zoom training will be offered in some categories.
- Review sessions last approximately six hours.
- For in-person sessions, the training begins at 8:10 a.m. and the test is given around 2 – 2:30 p.m. (some sessions end earlier some later). The entire session will last until about 4:30, so plan a full day. [There is no test given for the Zoom training sessions]
- We cannot cover everything in the manuals in that period of time. The sessions are geared to be a review before the exam. Training sessions DO NOT replace the need to read, study and learn the information in the training manual.
- Remember, the $10 Zoom training session fee is just for the review session itself. It does not include your manual. Likewise, paying for your manual does not automatically include a training session. These are separate fees!
- The training session fee is non-refundable; however, if you cannot attend but you contact our office at least 48 hours before the session is held, the fee is either transferable to another person you name and/or held as a credit to attend a future session.