Fond du Lac County Dairy Project Moos & News
County Fair Updates
Summer is here and the Fond du Lac County Fair is fast approaching…less than 41 days until the fair! Please see below for important information and dates regarding the fair!
- Online entries are due June 12 at https://www.fonddulaccountyfair.com/p/exhibitor-information. Don’t delay, enter today!
- Dairy IDs are to be submitted via online through a Google Form by June 12! The information will not only be used to check cattle in at the county fair but to develop the show book. Please list ALL information requested on the form for a complete book! The link to the google form can be found at https://www.fonddulaccountyfair.com/p/exhibitor-information.
- Quality Milk Auction entries are due July 1! Application can be found at https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/fdldairyyouth/files/2019/06/Quality-Milk-Auction-Entry-updated.pdf. The Quality Milk Auction is open to anyone showing any breed cow which is on a test program for components. I encourage you to enter your cows and have an opportunity to qualify for the Quality Milk Auction sale and help to raise funds for yourself and the Dairy Project.
- Outstanding Dairy Youth Exhibitor applications are due July 1! Any Fond du Lac County Fair dairy cattle exhibitor grades 9-13 as of January 1st may apply for this award. Two award winners will be named who have shown exceptional involvement in the dairy project: $200 cash award for grades 9-10-11 and $300 cash award for grades 12-13. Gift certificates ($25) will be provided to all youth who apply for the award. Cash awards are sponsored by CP Feeds and the Dairy Youth Fund. Applications are available online at https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/fdldairyyouth/county-fair/.
- Dairy Showmanship Requirement: All dairy youth wishing to exhibit at the Fond du Lac County Fair must have attended a showmanship clinic. If you missed the one offered in May, please contact Sarah Loehr at firstname.lastname@example.org on how you may be able to meet this requirement.
- Need show whites? The Mahloch Family has a white pair of Wranglers size 8 slim their son wore for dairy showing. If someone can use them, please contact Tina Mahloch at 920-588-7848 or at email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding the dairy project or the County Fair Jr Dairy Show, please contact a Dairy Project Committee member with contact information found at https://fyi.extension.wisc.edu/fdldairyyouth/committee-contacts-2/.