Date: Wednesday morning of the fair, July 14, 2021.
Time: 10:30 am – Set up and inspection of the animal; 11:00 am to 12:30 pm Fitting and Judging
Who: Any Junior dairy exhibitor entered in the FDL fair
Pre-registration is required by July 1, 2021:
- Email Karla Stumpf at email@example.com or call at 920-585-4949.
There will be 2 age divisions:
- Junior Fitters – Grades 3 to 8
- Senior Fitters – Grades 9 to 13
- Any Fond du Lac Junior Dairy exhibitor may enter.
- You can use any animal that is entered at the fair.
- The animal used MUST NOT be clipped after June 30, 2021.
- Only the head and legs (up to hocks) may be clipped prior to the contest.
- Fitters are responsible for their own equipment, halters, clippers, extension cords, etc.
- You may have one junior dairy project member help HOLD/HANDLE the animal while fitting. That person is not to help clip or give advice during the contest.
- An area of the dairy barn will be provided for clipping. No chutes are available or to be used. You may use a 2×4 with rings to tie the animal to or tie the animal to the gates provided.
- Each contestant will have 1½ hours to get the animal to show-ready.
- At the conclusion of the contest, the dairy exhibitor will parade the animal for the judge to do final placings. No whites are needed.