For the latest on COVID-19, visit UW-Madison’s University Health Services.
Extension, UW-Madison, and our county and organizational partners are all closely monitoring the impact COVID-19 is having on our programming. As we engage health and government officials as well as our program leads, we continue to adjust our procedures for events and staffing.
- UPDATE: Based on guidance from UW-Madison as well as state and local officials, some Extension staff are working remotely and transitioning programming to alternative delivery methods.
- Many of our larger programming events occurring between now and April 10 will be canceled or postponed.
- Similarly, many volunteer and club activities will likely be postponed or canceled.
Please check resources from your local Extension office for more details or contact us for more questions.
General COVID-19 resources
- Wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content and have it available for all participants.
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve/elbow.
- Avoid direct contact such as shaking hands, embracing individuals, or putting yourself or others in close contact with one another.
- Between events be sure to use Clorox wipes or something similar to wipe down furniture, doorknobs, tables, chairs, and any other spaces that may retain the COVID-19 virus.
- Provide significant spacing (at least 6 feet) between participants and presenters – if you have lines of individuals consider putting tape on the floor to delineate individual spaces.