Contact Matt Lippert, WACAA Public Relations Committee Chair, Contact: Matt Lippert, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Wisconsin Association of County Agricultural Agents (WACAA) recently recognized several members during their annual awards and recognition program. An affiliate of the National Association of County Agricultural Agents (NACAA), WACAA is a professional organization for county, area, and state Extension professionals to encourage excellence and professionalism in their work; improve effectiveness of Wisconsin Extension programs; provide assistance for agents to seek and participate in professional improvement opportunities and recognize and promote superior achievement.
Agriculture agents receiving top communication awards included:
- Katie Wantoch, of Dunn County, for her Computer Generated Presentation with Script and for her Publication
- Aerica Bjurstrom, Regional Dairy Educator in Kewaunee, Brown, and Door Counties, for her Factsheet, Educational Video, and Website/Online Content
- Tina Kohlman, Regional Dairy and Livestock Educator in Fond du Lac, Ozaukee, Sheboygan, and Washington Counties, for her Personal Column, Feature Story and Event Promotional Package
- Jerry Clark, of Chippewa County, for his Audio Recording
- Heather Schlesser, of Marathon County, and Sandy Stuttgen, of Taylor County, for their Learning Module
- Kaitlyn Davis, of La Crosse County, for her Newsletter.
Receiving the Search for Excellence Award was the team of Kaitlyn Davis, Ken Schroeder, Carl Duley, Bill Halfman and Jerry Clark for their programming in Crop Production.
Kaitlyn Davis further received the early career recognition, the Achievement Award.
Aerica Bjurstom also received the Distinguished Service Award.
Kevin Schoessow, of Burnett, Sawyer, and Washburn Counties, and Scott Reuss, of Marinette and Oconto Counties, were recognized for 25 years of distinguished service.
Jenny Vanderlin, the Associate Director of the UW-Madison Center for Dairy Profitability, received the Second Mile Award for her outstanding support of Wisconsin County Agricultural Agents. Jenny has supported many farm and risk management programs including the long-running Heart of the Farm series.
In addition, WACAA honored Ray Melander, Beef Production Specialist for the River Country Cooperative, with the Friend of the County Agent award for his exceptional support of time and equipment to Wisconsin County Agents and beef related programs.
The WACAA annual awards are sponsored by Hoard’s Dairyman; Wisconsin Agriculturist; the Wisconsin Broadcasters Association, and A & T Industries.