UW-Extension in partnership with USDA, SARE, DATCP and Michael Fields Agricultural Institute will host 4 one-day Agricultural Grants Workshops at 4 different locations around the state to help farmers learn about potential grants, as well as cost-share programs and other financing options.
The workshop consists of five main components:
- An overview of agricultural grants, grant writing and what makes a strong grant proposal.
- A lunch-time presentation from a local grant awardee talking about his/her grant experience.
- Description and overview of Ag Grants from grant managers for USDA Value Added Producer Grant, USDA-SARE Farmer Rancher Grant, USDA Specialty Crop Block Grant, and WI-DATCP Buy Local, Buy Wisconsin Grant.
- A hands-on group exercise that allows participants to review actual proposals and practice grant-writing.
- Information on other financial options (such as FSA loans, traditional bank loans and NRCS cost-share programs) specific to Wisconsin.
Each workshop will run from 9:30am (registration at 9:00am) to 4:00pm. Lunch is included as part of the $15 registration fee.
Dates and Locations
Wednesday, September 14th – Northwestern WI – Barron
CONTACT: TIM JERGENSON at email@example.com or (715) 537-6250
Wednesday, October 5th – Western WI – Richland Center
CONTACT: ADAM HADY at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 647-6148
Thursday, October 6th – Southeastern WI – East Troy
CONTACT: LEIGH PRESLEY at email@example.com or (262) 857-1948 or 262-767-2905
Tuesday, October 11th – Eastern WI – New London
CONTACT: GREG BLONDE at firstname.lastname@example.org or (715) 258-6231