2017 Network meeting dates and special training sessions:
Plan Commissioner Workshop – Monday, May 22, 2017, 5:15pm – 8:30pm @ Town of Algoma Town Hall. Click here for the brochure for registration and agenda details. You may also purchase the Plan Commissioner Handbook when you register (details in the brochure).
About the Workshop: This workshop will provide an overview of the roles and responsibilities of local government officials involved in planning, zoning and land use decision-making.
Who Should Attend?
- Plan commission members
- City council, village board, town board, and county board members
- Planning and zoning staff, administrators, and clerks who support local officials
- Newly appointed or veteran officials looking to network or hone their skills
2017 Plan Commissioner Network meetings:
- None currently scheduled
Wisline Education Series from the UW-Extension Local Government Center
Local Government Issues, Challenge and Strategies wisline series – Tuesday mornings from October 2016 – July 2017. Click here for the brochure.
- Cybersecurity, February 21, 2017
- Managing Public Records, March 21, 2017
- Manure Management: Issues for Local Officials, April 18, 2017
- Road and Transportation Funding, May 16, 2017
- Filling Our Shoes: Where will the next generation of local officials come from? June 20, 2017
- How to Use State Contracts for Local Government Purchasing, July 18, 2017
Local Land Use Planning and Zoning wisline series – Wednesdays from January 2017 – May 2017. Click here for a brochure.
- Ethics and Open Government Laws for Planning Body Members Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2017, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Insights on Recent Changes to Wisconsin Land Use Law Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2017, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Cooperative Boundary Agreements Wednesday, March 15, 2017, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Case Law and Legislative Update Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Business Improvement Districts and Main Streets Wednesday, May 17, 2017, 10:30 am – 12:00 pm