On September 8, the 13 youth in the 2022-23 cohort were officially recognized at a Pinning Ceremony during the County Board meeting. These young people are all talented and engaged citizens of the county, and we look forward to the great things they will do in the program and beyond. This year’s YGP members include:
- Aurora Ross, a senior at Madison East High School, will serve on the UW-Extension Committee and Supervisor McGinnity will serve as the mentor.
- Eli Tedesco, a junior at Clark St Community School, will serve on the UW-Extension committee and Supervisor Rose will serve as mentor.
- Emily Cai, a senior at Memorial High school, is returning to serve a second year in YGP. Emily will serve on the Park Commission with Supervisor Ripp as mentor.
- Isha Chilukuri, a junior at Middleton High School, will serve on the Personnel & Finance Committee with Supervisor McCarville as mentor.
- Joey Kaji, a junior at Madison West High School, is returning for a second term of YGP. He will serve on the Health and Human Needs committee with Supervisor Castillo as mentor.
- Josh Leslie, a sophomore at Middleton High School, will serve on the Personnel & Finance committee with Supervisor Erickson as mentor.
- Josie Capps, a junior at Waunaukee High School, will serve on the Food Council with Supervisor Ritt as mentor.
- Lauren Anderson, a junior at Deforest High School, will serve on the Public Works & Transportation committee with Supervisor Wright as mentor.
- Lois Buckingham, a junior at Monona Grove High School, will serve on the Dane County Library Board with Director Herold as mentor.
- Madeline Miller, a senior at Belleville High School, will serve on the Public Protection & Judiciary committee with Supervisor Pellebon as mentor.
- Marcella Simmons, a junior at Monona Grove HS will serve on the Environment, Ag and Natural resources committee with Supervisor Chawla as
- Ronan Rataj, a senior at Madison West, is returning to the program for a second term and will serve on the Public Protection & Judiciary committee with Supervisor Weigand as mentor.
- Sofia Pieton, a junior at Waunaukee HS, will serve on the Health & Human Needs committee with Supervisor Huelsemann as mentor.