Applicants are strongly encouraged to attend a committee meeting before they decide whether to apply to be a member of Youth Governance Program.
All posted committee meetings are open to the public to attend and observe. To attend a committee meeting, first go to the Dane County Legistar calendar site, and you can find exact information about when and where the upcoming meetings are. More information about the committee meetings is listed below. It is very important to check Dane County Legistar, as meeting dates and times may be different than what is listed below.
YGP Committees currently include*†:
- Environment, Agriculture, & Natural Resources (EANR)
- 2nd & 4th Thursdays, 5:00pm or 5:30pm, at Fen Oak°
- Food Council (DCFC)
- 4th Wednesdays, 6:00pm, at Fen Oak°
- Health & Human Needs (HHN)
- 2nd & 4th Thursdays, 5:30pm, at CCB°
- Park Commission
- 2nd & 4th Wednesdays, 5:30pm — Location Varies
- Personnel & Finance (P&F)
- 2nd & 4th Mondays, 5:30pm, at CCB°
- Public Protection & Judiciary (PP&J)
- 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, 5:15pm, at CCB°
- Public Works & Transportation (PWT)
- 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, 5:30pm, at AEC°
- UW-Extension Committee
- *Currently 3rd Tuesday, 4:00pm via zoom
- Zoning & Land Regulation (ZLR)
- 2nd & 4th Tuesdays, 6:30pm, at CCB°
- Dane County Library Board
- Meets 1st Thursday at Noon via zoom
*Meeting dates may change. †Mileage reimbursement is available.
For more information regarding the purpose and functions of each of the committees, refer to the YGP Committee Summaries Rev 2022, and the YGP Handbook Rev 2022, which provides more in-depth information regarding the program, its history, Dane County, Parliamentary Procedure, youth leadership, and more.
°Committee meeting location addresses:
CCB (City-County Building): 210 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Madison, 53703
Fen Oak (Lyman Anderson Center): 5201 Fen Oak Dr, Madison, 53718
AEC (Alliant Energy Center): 1919 Alliant Energy Center Way, Madison, 53713