County Fair Jr Swine Breeding Stock & Feeder Pig Entries
With the Jr Market Swine Show being non-terminal, you now can show swine breeding stock and feeder pigs at the Fond du Lac County Fair. For a description of these classes and to enter them, please visit https://forms.gle/xEym4g9WAbUHf2P68 or at https://www.fonddulaccountyfair.com/p/exhibitor-information. This separate link must be used only for entering swine breeding stock and feeder pigs. All other entries for Jr market animals and beef and sheep breeding stock must be entered through https://fond.fairwire.com/. Entries are due June 12!
- June 12: Fond du Lac County Fair entries due online
- June 16: Livestock Skill-a-thon Contest | 6 pm | Fond du Lac County Fair Grounds **NEW** (2 points)
- June 23: Beef Fitting Workshop | 6 pm | Jerry Huth | W9096 County AS | Oakfield (2 points)
- June 23: Swine Fitting Workshop | 6 pm | Dan Thomas | 1200 North Water Street | Lomira **2nd DATE CHANGE** (2 points)
- June 26: Livestock Barn pen set | 8:05 am |Fond du Lac County Fair Grounds Livestock Barn *NEW* Many hands make small work!
Need more educational points?
The UW Madison Extension Spring Animal Science Education Series recordings are available for review. Recordings and handouts can be accessed at https://go.wisc.edu/r3x8lh. Each webinar will count 1 point towards the minimum 8 points needed to qualify for the sale. To receive meeting credit, please complete the form online meeting credit form at http://bit.ly/fdllivestockpoints.
…and don’t forget!
Swine PRRS Testing/Health Certificates
The Fond du Lac County Market Swine Show is a non-terminal show.
- 2nd hogs can return home from the fair
- Exhibitors will be responsible for making their own butchering/processing appointments for the 2nd hog and ship the hog to the appointment themselves. Sale hogs will be shipped by the Market Livestock Project Committee. Make sure to have your appointments made as soon as possible.
- In addition to health certificates being required within 30 days of the fair, exhibitors are required to have a negative PRRS test within 90 days of the county fair. This test is done through your large animal veterinary clinic. Contact your veterinarian for details and instructions for the PRRS test.
Prohibited use of ractopamine (i.e. Paylean) in swine
“The Fond du Lac County Fair has prohibited our exhibitors from feeding their animals feed containing Ractopamine. Animals exhibited at the fair are subject to random testing for the presence of this additive. Should it be discovered after the sale when the animal is processed that the animal has been feed with containing Ractopamine, the exhibitor will be required to make the buyer whole for any loss incurred due to the animal being rejected for processing at the processing plant/slaughterhouse. Should an animal test positive for Ractopamine, the exhibitor will be prohibited from selling at the fair for a year.
County Fair Final Weigh-in Schedule | Tuesday, July 13, 2021
- Beef: 10 am to 12 pm
- Sheep & Meat Goats:
2 to 4 pm***NEW TIME***: 1 to 3 pm
5 to 7 pm***NEW TIME*** 4 to 6 pm *Please note hogs will be weighed as they come off the trailer, no hogs will be allowed off the trailers without a health certificate and a negative PRRS test. Please come into the fairgrounds from 17th Street, past the Livestock Barn to the wash racks. Unloading will occur on the east end of the Livestock Barn.
Replacement Ear tags
If your project animal has lost an ear tag, please contact Ed Schrauth for a replacement ear tag. If the animal has lost both ear tags, it will be disqualified from the sale.
If you have any questions regarding the Fond du Lac County Market Livestock Project and Sale, please contact chairperson Ed Schrauth at 920.960.8106.