Club Secretary Tips
Thank you to all the club secretaries who are submitting copies of minutes to the UW-Extension office. Terri does read them to stay in touch with what’s happening in your club.
Some questions came up at Officer Training that we’ll try to answer here.
- Minutes do not have to be written on the forms in your secretary book. If you wish, they can be done on the computer, typed, or written on another sheet of paper. Photocopies are fine!
- If you wish, you can FAX your minutes to 715-526-4875 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other lists (officers, leaders, members and projects) can be included in any way that works for your club. You do not have to re-write information on the pages included in your secretary book if you already have it in a different format. The computer printout your General Leader can access from 4HOnline, or a copy you request from our office, is fine for listing leaders and members.
- The same thing applies to club calendars. If your club makes a yearly schedule to give out to families, just include that.
Remember that club secretaries who turn in minutes promptly to the UW-Extension office and who turn in a completed secretary book at the end of the year are eligible for a Secretary Award at the County 4-H Experience. Congratulations on your role as secretary this year.
- Club Record Book Cover – Yellow covers used to keep required forms and records for the 4-H club secretary, treasurer, reporter and organizational leader. (2 pages)
- Attendance Record – Form to record a member’s attendance at meetings. (2 pages in editable Adobe Acrobat pdf and Microsoft Word formats.)
- Calendar of Club Activities – Form to record a club’s activities by month. (2 pages in editable Adobe Acrobat pdf and Microsoft Word formats.)
- Leadership Summary Form – Form on which to record demographic information on adult volunteers involved in a 4-H club, including general, organizational, assistant, project and activity leaders. (1 page in editable Adobe Acrobat pdf and Microsoft Word formats.)
- Membership Summary Form – Form for clubs to record information on youth members, including name, address, parents, grade, year in 4-H and current projects. (2 pages in editable Adobe Acrobat pdf and Microsoft Word formats.)
- Junior Leader Summary Record – Form on which to record information on junior leaders and club officers involved in a 4-H club. (1 page in editable Adobe Acrobat pdf and Microsoft Word formats.)
- Minutes of Club Meetings – White and Yellow Form to record meeting of a 4-H club by the club secretary, who places the completed form in the club 4-H record book. A copy of the minutes is submitted to the County UW-Extension Office. (2 pages in editable Adobe Acrobat pdf and Microsoft Word formats.)
|Shawano County 4H Program is on Facebook!|
If you have any questions regarding 4-H Positive Youth Development in Shawano County, please contact:
|Megan Suehring, 4-H Positive Youth Development Educator Shawano County Courthouse 311 North Main Street, Room 109 Shawano, WI 54166-2198 Phone: 715-526-4869 Fax: 715-526-4875 Email: email@example.com|
|Terri Brunner, 4-H & Extension Coordinator Shawano County Courthouse 311 N Main Street, Room 109 Shawano, WI 54166-2198 Phone: 715-526-6136 Fax: 715-526-4875 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tami Goers, Office Assistant Shawano County Courthouse 311 N Main Street, Room 109 Shawano, WI 54166-2198 Phone: 715-526-6136 Fax: 715-526-4875 Email: email@example.com|