Accomplish What? Navigation
Establish a two-way dialogue between “communities” and your organization to create improved understanding and collaborative partnerships.
For more information about when to use two-way communication, consult one or more of the following Knowledge Areas:
1. Identify someone who takes responsibility for managing or leading the process.
2. Attend to process objectives and product objectives.
- Process objectives = group building, leadership development, capacity building, conflict management
- Product objective = successfully addressing a substantive issue
3. Rely on systematic planning procedures.
4. Use expert facilitation.
5. Use consensus decision making.
6. Develop linkages to enhance the group’s effectiveness:
- To other communities or regions.
- To other partners.
- To resources – technology, experts, agencies, funds.
7. Provide recognition and rewards.
8. Be flexible – both to process and conditions; adopt a “learning organization” perspective.