One way to build your skills and resources is to connect with other colleagues. Many organizations provide listserves that allow users to query each other and to share information.
- EPA Mailing Lists provide useful news and announcements on a variety environmental topics and workgroups. Many of these lists are open to the public while other lists require membership approval.
- “Scuttlebutt”, the Bridge discussion list, provides a forum for marine educators to talk informally about marine education ideas, issues, and questions. See the link on the Bridge home page.
- Water Resources Discussion Lists are topical electronic forums compiled by the Water Quality Information Center at the USDA National Agricultural Library.
As we learn about other list serves that may interest you, we’ll list them here.
These links provide e-newsletter subscriptions. Follow the instructions at the bottom of the page if you’d like to add an e-newsletter resource to the database or search this web site for a topic-specific e-newsletter.
- eLeader is a Know Your Watershed (CTIC) newsletter written for local partnerships containing pertinent websites, educational materials and funding sources. To join, click on “JOIN OUR MAILING LIST” at the bottom left of the website.
- EPA Newsletters offers information produced by the Environmental Protection Agency. Click on “Stay Connected with Us.”
- The Volunteer Monitor newsletter facilitates the exchange of ideas, monitoring methods, and practical advice among volunteer environmental monitoring groups across the nation. Subscription information is at the bottom of the page.
- WaterNews is a weekly on-line publication that announces publications, policies, and activities of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Office of Water.
You may want to search for additional e-newsletters by typing a “water management topic” into your browser’s search box along with the word “newsletter”.