This section provides a number of topics and learning tools to help you connect more successfully with your target audience. You can discover:
- What questions to ask
- What tools to use to gather social science information
- How to use the tools and how to analyze results
- How to use results to select outreach techniques that satisfy audience needs
Depending on your skills, you might want to begin with the Educator Self-Assessment Rubric; or go directly to the Self-Study Modules or the Online Training tools. Another option is to review content in the background information below to find the information you need, in a less structured way.
Introduction for Educators
- What type of action can citizens take?
- What types of behavior can make a difference?
- What is a social assessment tool?
- Why should I use social assessment tools? Purpose, use, selection, application (Self-Study Module: Step #4)
- What outreach techniques are helpful for facilitating individual change?
- How do we know what is successful or promising for social assessment strategies? Supporting research (CPB Web Site Bibliography, PDF 56 KB)