Lakeshore Area Network for Dairy
What is LAND?
LAND is a program that is designed to assist people planning to enter or exit dairy farming. A local workgroup consisting of agricultural professionals from UW-Extension, Farm Service Agency, CP Feeds, Lakeshore Technical College, and Lakeshore Farm Management Association manage the program. LAND covers nine Lake Michigan area counties; they are Brown, Calumet, Door, Fond du Lac, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Ozaukee, Sheboygan, and Washington.
What can LAND do for you?
- Link exiting and beginning dairy producers in order to form a partnership or joint venture.
- Assist beginning dairy producers with an opportunity to work with existing facilities and cows in order to start farming.
- Assist exiting dairy producers to gradually transition out of farming.
- Assist beginning dairy producers to locate a facility in order to start farming.
- Assist exiting dairy producers in the transition out of the dairy business.
How do you qualify to be part of the program?
- You are thinking about retiring in the next few years.
- You are looking to partner with someone to ease your daily work load.
- You are looking to sell your property and business.
- You are already out of farming, but would like to work with a beginning farmer in order to use the facilities.
- Your operating or vacant farm is for sale or rent.
- You want to start dairy farming, but cannot afford to purchase an entire working operation right now.
- You want to get some dairying experience before starting out on your own.
- You would like to rent or buy a portion of a current working operation.
How do you sign up?
Fill out the attached document and send it back to:
Kewaunee County UWEX
810 Lincoln Street
Kewaunee, WI 54216
Exiting Information Sheet (Word Doc)
Beginning Farmer Information Sheet (Word Doc)
Any more questions? Contact your local member of LAND:
- Scott Gunderson, Manitowoc County UW-Extension (920-683-4175)
- Brad Englebert, Farm Service Agency (920-683-5119)
- Cari Sabel, Farm Service Agency (920-683-5119)
- Elizabeth Krause , Farm Service Agency (920-683-5119)
- Greg Booher, Lakeshore Technical College (920-960-0551)
- Joel Marquardt, Lakeshore Farm Management Association (920-775-3900)
- Dennis Schueller, CP Feeds (920-901-1497)
- Roger Sinkula (920-686-5660)
- Aerica Bjurstrom, Kewaunee County Extension (920-388-7138)