November 1-3, 2019
Green Lake Conference Center, Green Lake, WI
Fall Forum is an opportunity for youth and adult leaders to attend the statewide training weekend with county and state staff. Planned by a team of youth and adult volunteers from the Wisconsin 4-H Leaders Council with the support of county and state staff; we hope you will promote to youth and adult leaders in your county!
This year at Fall Forum, a select group of 4-H volunteers, pioneers, financial supporters, and staff who made major contributions to the 4-H movement at the local, state and national levels will be inducted into the Wisconsin 4-H Hall of Fame. The induction ceremony will take place during dinner Saturday night.
The purpose of Fall Forum is to:
- Provide an educational opportunity for youth and adult volunteers
- Develop youth and adult partnerships
- Create an engaging and welcoming environment to facilitate discussion between counties and regions
- Provide an opportunity for youth and adult volunteers to be involved in the planning and evaluation of statewide programs
- Encourage diversity of thought, perspective, interests, and people
- Promote strategies for youth and adults to reach underserved and underrepresented groups.
When: November 1-3, 2019 (registration begins at 6:00 p.m. Friday, November 1). We will conclude Sunday, November 3, at 11 a.m. There will be interactive learning activities Friday night and educational workshops on Saturday.
Who: Each county is encouraged to send a delegation of youth and adults
- Youth 7th – 13th grade
- Adult volunteer leaders
- Staff are invited and encouraged to attend as your schedule permits
This is a great opportunity for a team of county/state staff, volunteers, and youth to work together and present an interactive workshop for youth and adults as well as staff from throughout Wisconsin.
Registration opens in 4HOnline on September 5th and ends at midnight on Sunday, September 29th. Members must re-enroll in 4HOnline after the new 4-H year in order to register for the event. Session selections can fill up fast so make sure to register early! A signed photo release is required for all participants as part of our Keynote speaker John Noltner’s program.
ESTIMATED COSTS FOR 2019:
- $90 registration fee per person: Friday – Sunday (pizza buffet, 3 meals on Saturday, 1 meal on Sunday)
- $80 registration fee per person: Saturday – Sunday (3 meals on Saturday, 1 meal on Sunday)
- $75 registration fee per person: Saturday (lunch and Hall of Fame Dinner)
- $55 registration fee per person: Saturday (lunch only)
ESTIMATED COSTS FOR 2019:
- $50/night for two adults
- $80/night for single room (limited availability)
- $40/night for three or more adults per room
- $35/night with 3-6 youth per room
The program kicks off Friday evening with over 15 interactive sessions. Saturday offers more than 25 workshops to choose from. Top off the night with a special celebration where laureates will be inducted in to the Wisconsin 4-H Hall of Fame. An evening of circle dancing and table games will follow the celebration. Sunday morning brings a high-energy program that you can use at the club or community level.
All youth participants are required to identify a chaperone who has completed Youth Protection training when registering. Adult volunteer delegates from a county are expected to serve as chaperones for youth delegates. Teams of adult male and female chaperones will be identified to conduct room check of youth delegates on Friday and Saturday evening. Chaperones are required to submit the Chaperone Expectation Statement.