Fall is right around the corner, and it’s never too early to start reviewing your cropping system and to plan your fall nutrient applications. While you plan your fall nutrient application, don’t forget to include soil testing for your nutrient management plan, sampling should be done prior to nutrient application so the soil testing results can be used for the next four years!
Also as part of the planning, don’t forget the NR 151 Silurian Bedrock Standards Updates! Performance standards include:
- Prohibition of all manure with 0-2 ft to bedrock
- Bedrock verification using best available data either through maps or in field verification
- Pre-tillage requirements prior to liquid manure application
- Compliance options based on rates, timing, and pathogen reductions.
- Less restrictions as soil depth increases
For more information, please contact Fond du Lac County Land & Water Conservation Department Agronomist Becky Wagner at email@example.com or (920) 906-4681.